Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

41 - 60 of 1624 Posts

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Love that Enfield Wello!

Also, very nice collection of m70's 22hornet.

dom

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mosin said:
Pre64:

What're the specs on the 375? As the collection grows an africa-tamer/ small tree remover will be in order. Actually weight and price are what I'm curious about. Probably cheaper than a Ruger? Wouldn't expect it to be as cheap as a CZ but the weather resistance might be worth it. Light is good, but too light = pain.

Just curious. Beautiful guns.
The 375 weighs 8.5 lbs and I picked it up last year three weeks after the announcement from Winchester :( . I paid 899 for it. I see them now going for 1200+ on the internet. I plan on mounting a peep sight, a Burris 2x7 on Leopold QR mounts and taking it to Alaska some day.

I keep buying them in the hopes of passing them down someday, but my wife and I don't have any children at the moment ( I am 32, she is 28) . Every time another one comes home she just rolls her eyes and says " How many kids do you think we are going to have?" I reply with " Oh this one is for the grandkids someday." :lol:

You know for being 56 years old, the one .270 still groups em inside 1.5 inches at 100 with the peep sight. Gotta love em.
Thanks for the kind words guys.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Well, my losok barreled action just came in today, so I'll be getting some pics up later :D :D :D

dom

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
hypno said:
Well, my losok barreled action just came in today, so I'll be getting some pics up later :D :D :D

dom
Can't wait to see it! I'm still waiting on mine :(

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
As I've hinted, my losok .308 just got a new OD green paint job on the barreled action. When I originally recieved the rifle in early September, I got it two days before I took off on a hunting trip. He was gracious enough to paint the rifle himself before he sent it off to me, with a camo pattern very similar to mjone's Savage .223. (We need pics of yours too :D )

The hunt was a successful, and the rifle performed flawlessly. About a month or so later, I was speaking to Mark and mentioned that some of the baking laquer was chipping. (he was obviously pressed on time to get it here) He then graciously offered to duracoat it for me. Now, here we are.

Before:

After:

Enjoy :D

dom

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Looks like a Karsten Cheekpiece. Mark is working on my old 7mm Reminton Magnum I wanted converted to 30-06. 22" barell, Karsten Cheek Piece, Vortex Flash Hider, two ten round detachable magazines, a discreet carrying case, ANND, the icing on the cake....a FULL MultiCam paint job.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Shuggerz said:
Looks like a Karsten Cheekpiece. Mark is working on my old 7mm Reminton Magnum I wanted converted to 30-06. 22" barell, Karsten Cheek Piece, Vortex Flash Hider, two ten round detachable magazines, a discreet carrying case, ANND, the icing on the cake....a FULL MultiCam paint job.
I hate you..........

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
What is the length and contour? Looks like a straight bull.
It's a 23" Er Shaw #4 straight bull...So you're right. The diameter is 1.115".

Shuggerz, the Karsten cheekpiece is very nice. I bought the stock like that, and couldn't be happier. It's affordable and pretty tough.

dom

·
Registered
708 Posts
Dom,

Your rifle looks great. 8)

I received my .223 on Tuesday. My WW2 OD Green Duracoat paint came in yesterday. I plan on shooting my rings tomorrow to match the barrel and base. I will also be shooting the gold ring on the custom Leupold VX-2 Duracoat matte black at the same time. I'll assemble it and shoot pics on Sunday. I plan on doing some barrel break in on Sunday too.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Thanks guys.

Tomorrow I'll get to shoot it. I'm excited. :D

dom

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Re: My new toy

krstone0 said:
Here's my new toy....
Very nice. I'm I right in saying that is a Remington 700 in some AIC furniture?

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Fine looking weapon. Who built it?

dom

·
Registered
708 Posts
Great rifle. What type of bolt knob is on it?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for the reply's!
Very nice. I'm I right in saying that is a Remington 700 in some AIC furniture?
Yes it is a trued Remington 700 action on the AICS 2.0 Stock. It has a #10 Shillen BBL, Badger floor plate, I think Badger rings that came with the 1 inch inserts, Harris Bi-Pod, Super Sniper 10X42 Scope. The whole thing weighs about 15 -20lbs W/ fully loaded 10 rnd mag.

Fine looking weapon. Who built it?
This was put together by an Ex Marine Armorer by the name of Don Sheridan. He is a class 2 armorer and has alot of experience with match grade rifles. Here's a link to his site:

http://www.spuweapons.com/

very nice i like it.

how does she shoot?
Thanks Danny Boj! She shoots very well. As you can see I've been using the Hornady 168 Match rnds, Remmington 168 Match and Georgia Arms 175 Match. The Hornady 168 were more consistant than the other two. I'm going to try the Black Hills 175 hopefully this weekend if it doesn't snow. I need to find a brake to put on it to keep it from jumping on the bi-pod though. I heard alot about the Vias and Shrewed brakes, but not sure on which one I want yet. What ever I get I need in 5/8 X 24 so it will match the can I want to put on later.

I've only had it for a month now and I have already had many offers from all over to buy it. It didn't know this style was so popular. I originally had a Winchester 70AS that I was going to put in the Choate Sniper Stock, like the one in Mele's build, and in earlier posts. I had a guy from a pawn shop order one but it took too long and he kept comming up w/ excuses why it wasn't here so I traded it and had this one made. I'm very happy w/ my decision.... for once! Especially when your at the range in Quantico w/ the Marine Snipers on the weekends and they have there nice any shiny A3s! My first day out there I didn't even want to take my 70 AS out of the bag :lol:

Great rifle. What type of bolt knob is on it?
mjones, I'm not sure what type. Don sent it out to someone here in the VA area to have the old one cut off and welded back on. If you haven't done this yet DO IT!!! It makes a major difference in the smoothness of the action and keeps your fingers from getting banged up on the rail and glass.

·
Registered
708 Posts
krstone0 said:
mjones, I'm not sure what type. Don sent it out to someone here in the VA area to have the old one cut off and welded back on. If you haven't done this yet DO IT!!! It makes a major difference in the smoothness of the action and keeps your fingers from getting banged up on the rail and glass.
I have tactical bolt knobs on 3 of my rifles and they certainly make a big difference. I just don't recognize the one on your rifle. It is a different design.

·
Registered
12 Posts
mjones said:
krstone0 said:
I have tactical bolt knobs on 3 of my rifles and they certainly make a big difference. I just don't recognize the one on your rifle. It is a different design.
Can't wait to see your Tango 51 when it gets in...I thought about getting the X-ray before I had this one made.

41 - 60 of 1624 Posts