Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone here with artistic talent? I need someone to illustrate a children's book that I wrote last night.

The book is a pro-gun book. It is (with all due modesty) the perfect book to read to your 4 or 5 year old.

You might say it is Dr. Seuss with a Second Amendment twist.

Mad.

·
Registered
994 Posts
PM sent.

Scatch Maroo

·
Registered
140 Posts
Eddie the Eagle is the first thing that came to mind. But its probably copy written by the NRA.

The Rifleman

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Comparing Eddie the Eagle with my book would be like comparing a lame mule to a thoroughbred racehorse.

Mad. :D

·
Registered
140 Posts
Wait wait wait, you mean to tell me that Eddie the Eagle isnt cool anymore? :shock:

The Rifleman

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
who is the guy on here that snatch bought the comic book from? One of the SC members has a brother that does comic books..........dark angel or something like that...........he had some pics of it on here..........snatch knows who it is

·
Registered
994 Posts
caver101 said:
snatch knows who it is
Assuming we all know what 'snatch' is, I think that is a rather obscene nick name and shouldn't be used any more. :wink:

Muzzleblast's brother is the artist behind the comicbooks.

Scatch Maroo

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just to let you know about my book.

It is the story of a young boy named Dan. Dan and his Dad go out and buy Dan's first gun. The book details going to gunshop, picking the rifle up and of course, shooting it.

The book is written in the same rhyming style as the Dr. Seuss books. ( Recall that I answered a recent reloading post in that style)

Anyway, such a book would drive the klitonistas absolutely nuts.

Let me give you two random tastes.

"We had such fun with our new gun
Oh what fun for a boy and his dad
What fun, what fun we had"

And here is another random page:

"I can shoot a tin can
I know that I can
I hit that tin can
I knew that I could"

You get my drift. It would drive the leftists crazy. They would go

Mad

·
Registered
994 Posts
Mad, why don't you return my PMs? Don't you love me any more?

Why have you forsaken me?!

8)

Scatch Maroo

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey I love you.

I've had some serious problems today. I have to defend a serious sex assault case tomorrow and I've been up to my neck trying to prepare for battle.

I didn't sleep much last night. And I won't be able to sleep tonight. And tomorrow is the start of a really hard fight.

I hope I don't go

Mad

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Dark Angel with Jessica Alba? I wish! :p Contrary to what most people think, being in the comics industry doesn't make one a chick magnet :roll:

Mad, your book sounds great! Find a couple artistic forums and post your request, there are a lot of great (and starving) artists out there just looking for work. Here at the old studio it's down to burning the midnight oil time and swinging some plans to hire new help for my brother's comic. Your book reminds me of me and my dad though.

About getting a book published, it's hard. And don't let things discourage you. I know you're gonna find an artist and produce a great book.

Take care of yourself with these cases, okay man? Worried about ya.

·
Registered
347 Posts
madgunsmith said:
Hey I love you.
Too much male bonding in here! just kidding...Mad, sounds like your story book would be one to read to all kids and get their heads goin in the right direction. I can draw...not real looking things but I airbrush things under all my friends hoods i can send you some pics of my stuff ...I'm sure you can find better but PM me ifyou want.

-Brian Shields

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Scatch Maroo said:
caver101 said:
snatch knows who it is
Assuming we all know what 'snatch' is, I think that is a rather obscene nick name and shouldn't be used any more. :wink:

Muzzleblast's brother is the artist behind the comicbooks.

Scatch Maroo
Get your mind out of the gutter Snatch.............

Main Entry: snatch
Pronunciation: 'snach
Function: verb
Etymology: Middle English snacchen to give a sudden snap, seize; akin to Middle Dutch snacken to snap at
intransitive senses : to attempt to seize something suddenly
transitive senses : to take or grasp abruptly or hastily; also : to seize or grab suddenly without permission, ceremony, or right
:roll:

·
Registered
365 Posts
lol you guys will get a kick out of this because im a young gun (as the signature below says) but what is Eddie and Eagle? Havn't heard of that once in my life. Its obviously a book, but....

Heh

1 - 16 of 16 Posts