Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys i just cant seem to find anything that works for this 30-06 its eitehr the scope is broken wont hold a zero..............or it dont fit just right.................. like this bushnell its kind of short length and the zoom dial rubs the guns mounts and i cant scoot the scope up anymorecuz there isnt anymore room............what shoudl i do get a new scope or rings. thanks....and by the way whats a good scope for around 70 bucks if i have to get a new one

·
Registered
108 Posts
honestly i tried to go the cheap route on scopes it cost me an extra 300 dollars
cause i got 3 of them
none of them held zero on any of these cal's.
30-06,223,300 mag ultra mag
these scopes were bsa (see signature)
please take a few months and save at least 250
to put toward a scope
i know everybody cant go out and buy a vx-III like i did
so im just gonna tell you to stay away from scopes costing less than 250
theres another scope ive read about on this sight cant remember the name right now (too frikin sleepy been up for over 20 hrs)
i think its a mueller and im thinking about getting one of these for my 30-06
just wish i could get a 20 rnd clip for it too lol

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
olson,

It probably is your scope. If you go the fixed power scope route, you can get some decent 6x or even 10x for $150-$200 and they will work good. But for variable powers, you will need to up that price by $100. You really do get what you pay for with scopes.

Perhaps you can borrow someones scope to be sure its the scope and not something else though.

MEL

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
i reccomended him to get a Leupold VX-I 3-9x40mm for $200 but he said it was too much
but he didnt listen
save up get a job whatever
come up with the money or you will end up paying more in the long run

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha alright guys thanks.......im sorry for being cheap but man i cant help it. what about the mueler line i seen a reddont for like 120 150. wodlnt that hold a zero?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Did you mount the scope yourself? That might be half the problem.

Really, there is no good scope for $70. If you buy a scope for an insanely low price, then you should expect insanely low quality and accuracy.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea i mounted it myself........ and what about mueller??? was that the right price

·
Registered
344 Posts
Ok, I don't know about the Mueller, but I do know about mounting a scope. I couldn't understand exactly what you said, but it sounded like the mounts weren't firm enough. Make sure the mounts fit the scope. If you're using 1" rings on a 30mm scope, you've got a problem. Also, make sure the bases are made for your rifle.

If you need to completely remount the dang thing, you have two options. One, you can go to a gunsmith or a gun dealer and have them mount it for you for like $5. The other option is to go to the sporting goods department at Wal-Mart and see if they have a DVD called "Rifle Care Basics". It'll tell you how to mount it correctly (good enough for a hunting rifle) and some other goodies like boresighting and cleaning. I disagree with him on some of the cleaning stuff (like him cleaning from muzzle-to-bore and then bore-to-muzzle) but the other info seems well grounded.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts