Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Carver,

Thanks for the words, it is to bad that I can no longer shoot it. As for the barrel, I have no idea, I know it is a cold hammer forged polyoginal barrel, but what makes it so expensive, I have no idea. The accuracy is outstanding out to 300 yards, that is the furthest I have shot it, .5 MOA with Federal 168gr. BTHP match, I love it, even though it is now nothing more then a very expensive and cool looking paper weight.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Sorry to hear that boss. A PSG-1 is one hell of a sniper rifle in my opinion. But I doubt I would ever throw out the money for one if I ever found a genuine PSG-1. HK rifles as I have heard from various different smiths are a pain in the arse to work on because of how the barell needs to be welded on. ICK!!! And especially if these rifle are shot often with heavy grain bullets. Will wear donw the rifling in the barell eventually. I am, however, jealous :evil: :D

Respectfully,
Tyler Consugar

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Sorry to hear that boss. A PSG-1 is one hell of a sniper rifle in my opinion. But I doubt I would ever throw out the money for one if I ever found a genuine PSG-1. HK rifles as I have heard from various different smiths are a pain in the arse to work on because of how the barell needs to be welded on. ICK!!! And especially if these rifle are shot often with heavy grain bullets. Will wear donw the rifling in the barell eventually. I am, however, jealous :evil: :D

Respectfully,
Tyler Consugar

·
Registered
140 Posts
north_shooter said:
I love it, even though it is now nothing more then a very expensive and cool looking paper weight.
What is wrong with it?

The Rifleman

1 - 4 of 4 Posts