Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if a Pulsar Challenger Gen3 night vision monocular can handle recoil? I see references to it online, but nothing actually showing people doing it. Actually, there is very little reviews on the Pulsar Challenger.

·
Registered
939 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Dealer says if there are manufacturer made weapons mounts it would have to be 5.56 at least and that makes sense. I can't get to the gen3 version directly thru the pulsar site ... have to go around thru the back door ... so the gen3 version might not be fully released yet ... that's my guess anyway ...

Pulsar site does show 2 weapons mounts for the GS version ...

NV Challenger GS 1x20 DOS adapter | PULSAR

and

NV Challenger HS Adapter | PULSAR

So, I'd be hopeful.

But note, "gen3" does not mean pinnacle ...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your reply.. you found more than I did... For the price, I may take a chance.
Here is what I have found,, tho some sites say autogated, and some say it's not, but lists the same spec number.

Optics Planet lists it as ITT Pinnacle image intensifier, 64lp

From the place I am looking at one,,,
Technical Specifications

Generation 3
Image tube type (Generation) MX-10160
Magnification, x 1
Objective lens, mm 21
Lens focus, mm 26.95
Relative Aperture 1:1.29
Resolution, lines per mm 57-64
Gate Type Non-Gated
Film Type Thin-Filmed
Luminance Gain, fl/fc 45,000 to 70,000
Angular field of view, degree 40
Max. detection range, m* 200
Eyepiece adjustment, diopter ±4
IR Wavelength, nm 805
Equivalent IR Power, mW 30
Exit pupil, mm 7
Eye relief, mm 25
Operating voltage, V 3
Tripod mount, inch 1/4
Minimum operating time (IR off/on), hour 50/20
Operating temperature, degrees celsius -20...+40
Degree of protection, (IEC 60529) IP65
Dimensions, mm 163x79x57
Weight of the unit, oz 12.7

·
Registered
939 Posts
My dealer has a call in to pulsar to validate ability to use with their shown weapons mounts. I'll try to toss in question about pinnacle as well.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I see the pinnacle on OP ... shown price $2700+ ... then MSRP of the "gen3" of $1999 on the Pulsar sight is more interesting from a price perspective. General prices for gen2+ pvs-14 work alikes is under $2k ...SNR 12-18 ... and maybe I'd rather have an actual pvs-14 housing, then one day, I might be able to upgrade to a pinnacle tube, if I started with a gen2+ tube. But should get some more answers from pulsar through dealer today and will post.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This Forum is really good!
I bought this PULSAR 1x20 also bought by my friends! Everyone is absolutely satisfied. A quality device, not expensive and good to see. We use additional IR-(850nm). We all put a DOS adapter on the rifles and that's how we use it. It is important that the optics be adjusted (preferably) 1.5 to 6x not larger than that. An ideal Pulsar device, we have been using it for a long time ...
My recommendations! ;) :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts