Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you have any plans or dreams for future rifle projects, including more uncommon/non-"traditional" stocks? (Yes, I admit, I'm spoiled with the AW stock of my issued rifle, and the TRG stock of my friends TRG-42)

Nekekami

· Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Uhm, well, the SC-1 being a sweet rifle is a matter of personal taste. That does not mean that I do not respect Mel's work on it. On the contrary, I have a lot of respect for him pulling it off, especially managing to do the tradeoff between quality and cost.

Admittedly, rifles etc are a tad more expensive over here, but my current dream custom rifle system would cost well over $4000...

Mel:

Would the recoil for the kind of loads you're planning really give you less recoil than 7.62x51? I'm somewhat skeptical... Of course, I've never had the opportunity to shoot them from rifles that have the same kind of stock etc.

· Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hector:

The problem is the velocities he needs, and the short barrel(A longer barrel helps you achieve higher velocities, up to a certain limit of course) means that he'll need a fair amount of propellant, especially if he wants to retain energy out at 1000+ meters.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.