Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,167 Posts
Mel talk a bit more about the SC-2 (the 1,200 - 1,500 yard project). I'm always looking for that next ultra flat shooter that kicks like a mule and shoots ten shot 3 inch 1,200 yard groups.

Alternatively, I'll send you the 6.6x61 article that I read and lets find someone to make this beast for us. :wink:

· Registered
1,167 Posts
I hope not. The SC-1 is a sweet rifle, and there are definitely people who will prefer it to the SC-2 (I mean exactly how many bi-pods, scopes, and cases do you need.) I need one per rifle, but that's just me. I'm still looking hard at your SC-1 in 300 win mag.

Mostly sorry I opened my big mouth.

· Registered
1,167 Posts
I think the chamberings were limited by the availablity of "Match" grade factory ammunition, but I could be wrong. Even so, Match ammo may well be avaial;be for these chamberings soon.

Also, the potential problems with feeding given the extreme shoulders on these cartridges (especially the WSM) may prove fatal to their tactical use.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.