Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im 18 and ive been shooting for a while. but im just now getting into scopes real serious. is tasco and simmons 3-9-40mm scopes good to start with. i know leupold unertyl and lymen are good but i cant afford that right now. let me know if ya have a comment.

thanx
larry.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
NO....

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
I would highly recommend saving a bit longer and buying a good "mid" quality scope. Burris Fullfield II, Nikon Buckmaster, Leupold VXII, SIghtron SII's, etc. They will set you back about $200 (give or take, depending on model). One of these scopes is so much better than a $50 Simmons or Tasco that it really should not be a question.

Another option is to forgo the variables and buy a good mid quality fixed power, like 6x or 4x. One good scope I like is the Weaver K6 6x38mm, retail for about $130. I've always liked that scope....

MEL

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
You can get one of them poor mans leupolds... the hunter or whatever there calling it. Some one else probably knows what im talking about.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
The rifleman...

they are an okay scope. I would pay the little bit more for a VX-II or even a VX-I

MEL

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Here is another option:

If you ever find an old Leupold scope for sale cheap at a gunshow, just buy it. Even if the scope is damaged, Leupold scopes come with a lifetime warranty. Leupold's customer service is amazing and they will repair all of their scopes free of charge.

A guy I know bought an old Leupold from the 1950s and it was broken. My friend sent the scope back to Leupold and they told him that they could not repair it as parts were no longer available. So instead of fixing the scope Leupold sent him a brand new scope. And they did not charge him a single penny.

You will never regret buying a new or used Leupold.

Mad.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
The guy who started this thread is asking about 50 dollor scopes... i dont think he is looking for anything more than 75 bucks. But i dont know. If i see good scopes on sale ill buy as many as i can. Then sell them on ebay for twice what i paid :lol: . But thats just me.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I don't own one, but the Tasco "Super Sniper" model from SWFA constantly gets good reviews, and it is around $200 bucks.

I've handled one on more than one occasion and it was impressive...for the price.

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
Crazdgunman said:
I don't own one, but the Tasco "Super Sniper" model from SWFA constantly gets good reviews, and it is around $200 bucks.

I've handled one on more than one occasion and it was impressive...for the price.
Ive heard great things about that line also....I think one of the guys in this forum has a super sniper on his wife's 700P.

I *really* must make it down to the SWFA store in Red Oak one of these days....its only a 30 minute drive.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Crazdgunman said:
$299 for the non side focus, $399 for the side focus.

MEL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts