Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

What kind of hearing protection is used and do you use single or dubble plugs(muffs and plug) when shooting?
Cliffy

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
I always use doubles. I get the 3M plugs, they work well and are cheap. I have an old pair of Silencios that I used to use but I would like to buy a better pair now, only problem is I have no idea where to begin, maybe this thread will help me out.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
I use plugs only. Muffs can cause a false cheekweld if they touch the stock at all, which can be a minor problem when shooting in the field without muffs. When I'm a spectator (non shooter) I use muffs

MEL

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mele
That what I found when shooting with muff my touches the stock and check weld could be questioned. What kind of plugs do you use and do they cut out enuf nosie if shooting with muzzle break?
Cliffy

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Cliffy,

Honestly, I do not have any rifles with a break, so I cannot comment.... I use the best quality ones I can find at the gun shop, BUT, I like the idea of having some custom fit, that sounds best.

MEL

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
mele said:
I use plugs only. Muffs can cause a false cheekweld if they touch the stock at all, which can be a minor problem when shooting in the field without muffs. When I'm a spectator (non shooter) I use muffs

MEL
Thats the point I've been trying to drive home to some of my range buddies for a while now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts