Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have elected to bring back the Off Topic area but with increased restrictions and on a probationary basis. The new rules are as follows:

1) There will be NO political discussions beyond the 2nd amendment.
2) There will be NO religious discussions

Any violation of the above two rules in the Off Topic area or anywhere on the forums will result in a ban from the forums.

The primary focus of this web page is Sniping. This includes many sub areas as well and I would prefer the majority of the posts in these forums be about Sniping, Firearms, Long Range shooting, SOP, fieldcraft etc. I do understand that people like to post some interesting off topic subjects on occasion which is why this area was created, but off topic subjects should be the exception, not the rule. It also appears some people cannot control themselves when discussing certain topics (the two topics listed above being the biggest ones) and this was what lead to removing the off topic area. We will try having this area one last time due to the continued requests to have it, but if it deteriorates again, then it will be removed permanently, as well as the violators permanently banned.

Thank you for your continued support of the site and for some good discussions, but let us all try to do a better job following the Code of Conduct (which will be updated soon with the above rules) from here on out.

MEL

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
.......... we don't have a second amendment ...... :( ...... so no talk about other national arms laws, eg, NZ, Sweden, Switzerland, GB, Australia etc. etc. ... ? or is it to be American gun law only?

Nice to see the OT back .... :D

·
Registered
575 Posts
Seems fair enough, and easy to follow dirsctions! Thanks Mel.

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
Cheers mate.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kiwi said:
.......... we don't have a second amendment ...... :( ...... so no talk about other national arms laws, eg, NZ, Sweden, Switzerland, GB, Australia etc. etc. ... ? or is it to be American gun law only?

Nice to see the OT back .... :D
Hum.... that muddies it a bit doesn't it? I would say, if it pertains to Gun laws, and gun laws only, you may discuss

MEL

·
Premium Member
1,656 Posts
So this is your first post instead of an introduction? Bad... You posted it to a 5 year old thread that is not at all related to your issue? Bad... You posted to a sticky which is meant to be an informative guideline, not an ongoing conversation? Bad...

FIX IT!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey Mele - I just saw an article in the web news about making forums like this illegal and would like to post it in the off topic area. Would this be OK? I'm not being sarcastic, but serious. - Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,710 Posts
Post it. I'll keep an eye on it, If it gets out of hand.

Make sure you also check your sources on that story before posting. I know of the story your speaking of. Let's make sure we're not spreading FUD.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts