Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the latest on this? i know in early may it passed both house and senate, with virtually no opposition in the senate. they were saying Bush would sign it as early as may 12. whats the deal now?

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Montana was the only state to oppose it.
Sometimes I wonder if we are the last sane state in the union!! :D Though Texas sounds pretty good. Of course, we have absolutely no political pull as we have no political might. We are the 4th largest state, with less than 1 million people in the entire state. We have 3 electoral college votes, so no one even campaigns here (president candidates that is). Hum, perhaps thats not a bad thing....

MEL

·
Registered
238 Posts
personaly im for it...anyone know if theyve decided how theyre going to enact it, i heard they were going to give you a card, or a barcode on licences/IDs

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
shikaku said:
personaly im for it...anyone know if theyve decided how theyre going to enact it, i heard they were going to give you a card, or a barcode on licences/IDs
Give me some logical reasons we need a nation ID like Nazi Germany and the former Soviet Union.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i dont know how one can be for this. check out ron paul's many column's on this issue. he'll give you the lowdown.
as for montana, i applaud them on almost everything! i dont know if my friend was pulling my chain or not, but he was saying the state encourages destroying serial numbers on firearms? any truth to that?

·
Registered
175 Posts
shikaku said:
Hey guys,

I think we've been infiltrated. Did we ever find that ignore button BC was looking for?

K2

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Instead of getting issued with these biometric id cards, wouldn't it just be easier to get one's forehead tattooed with the numbers, "666"?

Mad

·
Registered
238 Posts
wouldn't it just be easier to get one's forehead tattooed with the numbers, "666"?
some people are allergic to the ink they use....

Give me some logical reasons we need a nation ID
what is your logical reason against it? If the government is actualy smart with this one and uses proper security measures, this would be a great Identification method for the common populace...

and among other things, i went to that website, and if that ID is real..then such things as blood type and medical identification would be excellent if your injured, because my brother is section chief at the downtown hostipital and hes always complaining about having to search for records with your drivers licence ID - secondly if you dont have any other form of ID(under 15 you are virtualy unidentifiable...)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Officer: "Are you Mr. shikaku?
the irony in that statement is, shikau means assassin - lol

but in all honesty i didnt see a single thing wrong with what you just said....

of course you sort of added in some conflicting views, such as i dont think our government is structured correctly and that a president ought not be able to so easily overturn/create radical change without circumstance....but thats a whole'nother issue

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
shikaku said:
wouldn't it just be easier to get one's forehead tattooed with the numbers, "666"?
some people are allergic to the ink they use....

[quote:a22qmoma]
Give me some logical reasons we need a nation ID
what is your logical reason against it? If the government is actualy smart with this one and uses proper security measures, this would be a great Identification method for the common populace...

and among other things, i went to that website, and if that ID is real..then such things as blood type and medical identification would be excellent if your injured, because my brother is section chief at the downtown hostipital and hes always complaining about having to search for records with your drivers licence ID - secondly if you dont have any other form of ID(under 15 you are virtualy unidentifiable...)[/quote:a22qmoma]

Yes, there are potential benefits, however it comes at too steep a price. That price is loss of privacey and a big potental for abuse. An example is this. We have a real drug problem in this country. It would make it much easier to combat this problem if we waived the search and seizure right, and just pulled over cars, searched through entire neighborhoods without reason in search of illegal activity. Let us also get rid of the right of trial by jury to streemline the justace system. That way when they pick someone up on a sweep, they can take them straight to a judge and sentence them there without a trial or lawyer. This would be a very effective tool in combatting crime. This would also turn this country into a police state and is not worth it. Nothing is free.

Take this data base with out health information. Now lets say you meet a nice lady and have a romantic night with her. Later you find you cought a social disease. A couple of shots later and you are cured. This info goes into this data base. A few years later you apply for a good job with good benefits etc. When you attempt to get insurance you are turned down because you are at riask for AIDS due to a history of permiscous behavior.

Better yet, your DNA showes you have the gene for cancer. You insurance company will not cover you for cancer. When you reach 40 you find you have cancer but you wife and 3 children depend on your income to live. Yet because of this data base you were not coverd for cancer, so you loose everything you own, your family is noe living in poverty and you die due to no insurance. You children will never have a chance at higher education.

Here is one. We know hackers are good and get into all kinds of computers including govt computers. Someone hacks into the database and switches your DNA with someone else for kicks and it goes undected. Ha ha. Unfortantally for you a week later the guy you were switched with rapes a woman. They check the DNA evidence against the database and guess what. You name pops out of the computer. Off to prison you go.

No system is perfect and if someone under 15 really needs an ID, they can get a passport. For the most part I don't see a big reason why someone needs an ID until they are old enough to drive and then only for that purpose.

BTW thanks for actually giving reasons for your opinion. Even if I don't agree with you I can respect your position.

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
madgunsmith said:
Instead of getting issued with these biometric id cards, wouldn't it just be easier to get one's forehead tattooed with the numbers, "666"?

Mad
The problem is everone has the same number, so you can't ID indvidules as well. However if everyone got their ssn tattoed on their forhead it would work very well. To be sure it was offical it would be put on like this 666-xxx-xx-xxxx

1 - 17 of 17 Posts