Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a 'recipe' on making a good rear bag DIY? And what do you use for filler as well? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Anyone have a 'recipe' on making a good rear bag DIY? And what do you use for filler as well? Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Plastic BB"s for an airsoft gun or similar plastic beads from a craft store (AC Moore etc)
Fill a plastic bag with material and tie a knot.
Leave bag so that the bag is lightly flexible.
Place knot end into a stocking and tie off like above.
Place knot end into a sock and do again like above.
Home made bag complete.

·
Registered
4,698 Posts
Get some poly pellets/doll fill from the internet or arts and craft store
fill a sock to desired level
cut off excess and sew shut(doesn't have to be pretty or perfect stitches)
put that sock in another sock and cut excess and sew shut and cover thread with some shoe goo for protection
Done unles you want to sew on some 550 cord to use as carry/ stock attachment point

·
Registered
345 Posts
I made my own by filling a gun sock with plastic BB's, then zip tying the end shut. Then I put that inside another gun sock with the zip tied end in first and tied it shut. Works great, but I think now I want a wedge style... I do have a sewing machine that I made a shooting mat with so I could make my own, but I just don't want to.

Can anyone recommend a good lightweight, water resistant, wedge style bag with filler included?

·
Premium Member
4,710 Posts
I made my own by filling a gun sock with plastic BB's, then zip tying the end shut. Then I put that inside another gun sock with the zip tied end in first and tied it shut. Works great, but I think now I want a wedge style... I do have a sewing machine that I made a shooting mat with so I could make my own, but I just don't want to.

Can anyone recommend a good lightweight, water resistant, wedge style bag with filler included?
I sell mine, but without filler as it gets more costly to ship em that way. Mine are made from twill and are light weight. They could get wet, as long as you let them dry out afterwards.

·
Registered
5,207 Posts

These are the two styles I have made. One is just round with a handle. The other is the one I like best. It is patterned after the str8 laced bags.

Mine are full of either airsoft bb's or dry beans. The next one I make will be poly beads.

Use 1000d fabric so that they will last. I like the coated 1000d so that they are water resistant. The cords are 550 paracord.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Uuuuuh, guys? I think Olmott is poking fun at you! lol

That is some great looking stuff. Thanks for the ideas, and if ya'll don't mind, I may be pm'ing you to buy one of yours....if you have them for sale!

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
I was serious that they are doing quality work. I've spent my share of time swearing at machines while trying to stitch heavy nylon webbing. Zippers straight up piss me off.

Zippers are a pain!!! I made a data book as well...but when I turned it right side out the zipper was backwards...pull on the inside. Rip out all the stitches and start over. I got it right the second time.

I would really like a sailrite sowing machine...but can't warrant the cost. I can buy everything I make 4x's over for the cost of the machine. I just use my wife's machine (which was her grandmothers). I guess it is a little girly, but it is tactical sewing so it is ok.

http://www.amazon.com/Sailrite-Heav...ds=sailrite&qid=1461769529&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

Reactions: mamalukino

·
Premium Member
4,710 Posts
Tactical sewing is the term I use too lol. As long as your buying fabrics for guns or cars it's okay to shop at a fabric store.

Zippers are a pain. It took me 3-4 bags to really get the zipper down.

I learned how to sew for making slings. Much cheaper than using chicago screws for everything.

Reactions: mamalukino

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Made it up. Two round circles and a square for the body. The Handle on mine is 1000d as well, but could be nylon webbing.

Reactions: 007Sniper

·
Registered
4,698 Posts
I made some camo pants into shorts, used the remaining material and filled it with cat litter, folded over the ends, and sealed it up with Tear Mender. Litter and Tear Mender cost me about 20 bucks and 5 minutes of time. Not as pretty, little heavier, but does the job.
Don't get that wet LOL

·
Registered
3 Posts
My wife recently gave me a new bag as a present. It looks as functional as the one from Amazon I wanted to buy. It was really sweet as she did it by herself. And it is so cool to have something handmade and unique. I didn't understand it earlier, but now my wife has started sewing a lot, so I have many useful handmade stuff (for those who want to start sewing).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts