Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
I’m using ELD Match 208’s so maybe that could be true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I seem to recall a article or discussion (it may have been in here or another forum) scenar vs tangent pills and how (I think) scenar, like berger, lapua can be more jump sensative than tangent like ELD ,SMK.. heck its been awhile.. i may have that backwards but I think im recalling correctly.. now i don't know if there is solid imperical data to back it up but I do know my bergers were the most accurate once I got the jump to its sweet spot and my smk and eld didn't seem to care.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I seem to recall a article or discussion (it may have been in here or another forum) scenar vs tangent pills and how (I think) scenar, like berger, lapua can be more jump sensative than tangent like ELD ,SMK.. heck its been awhile.. i may have that backwards but I think im recalling correctly.. now i don't know if there is solid imperical data to back it up but I do know my bergers were the most accurate once I got the jump to its sweet spot and my smk and eld didn't seem to care.

It could be possible that the bullet weight also plays a role in the jump sequence. I don’t know, I just made that up. Sounded good. Lol

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
It could be possible that the bullet weight also plays a role in the jump sequence. I don’t know, I just made that up. Sounded good. Lol

my

I understood that scenars had small accuracy nodes so I really didn't want to use them because a slight temp change might bounce me out of the node. I did my tests at .5gr increments which is why I was told I had no joy hitting a node with 155's.... I was told that the nodes could be as small as .25gr so I said.... so what did I do....Back to 175SMKs..

·
Registered
535 Posts
my

I understood that scenars had small accuracy nodes so I really didn't want to use them because a slight temp change might bounce me out of the node. I did my tests at .5gr increments which is why I was told I had no joy hitting a node with 155's.... I was told that the nodes could be as small as .25gr so I said.... so what did I do....Back to 175SMKs..
The berger hybrids are supposed to not be as sensitive.. i have several boxes for 308, creedmoor and grendel.. i will find out eventually

21 - 27 of 27 Posts