Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a 300wm

I have two options that I'm looking at a Rem 700 .300wm or a Rem 700 Sendero .300wm the Sendero is approximatly double the price.

My question is:

What's the major differences and is the Sendero worth it.

Or am i better off buying the basic Rem 700 and spend the extra in getting the action trued.

Also my aim is to replace the stock with a ACIS 1.5 stock.

I concidered a .308 but I'll be reloading so I'd pefer the .300wm. I see the .3000wm as having more pro's over the .308.

:)

·
Registered
214 Posts
If your looking to replace the stock and get a little tuning done to it,I'd say go with the cheaper one.As for the 308/300 debate,I like em both.Own remington 700's in both calibers.They each have their own plus' and minus'.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Well, unless the Rem 700 is the varmint/pss model ,the big differences are that the Sendero has a HS stock and a heavy barrel,and possibly minor other differences. the Rem 700 should have the sporter barrel and eithere a wood stock or possibly a synthetic stock, It depends on what you are using the rifle for ,hunting , paper punching, or combination. the 700 will need a new barrel/stock . the other point between the .308 and .300 issue is barrel life the .308 wins hands down . but as always its just my thoughts.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you plan on going the AICS 1.5 route remember that you should be able to sell your factory Sendero (I'm assuming new SFII) stock for a couple of hundred dollars dropping the overall cost down a bit.

Personally I've seen several Senderos that shot well, and only one that I can think of right now that didn't (probably was the shooter).

If you plan on a rebarrel, then get the cheaper model, if you plan on keeping the barreled action as is, and only upgrading the stock go Sendero SFII.

Another option is the 300 Win Mag 7005R, but it might be a pain to get. I've got one in .308 and am seriously considering the 300WM 5R as my next rig.

YMMV, good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts