Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I had a Smith thread my barrel and he took my barrel off to show me a few things about the wooden stock.....
He assembled the rifle and I left for the range, once there I realised the bolt closes halfway.....
I have retorqued both screws to 15 in/lb. Bolt still will not close smoothly I have to force it. Any similar experiences ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi guys, I had a Smith thread my barrel and he took my barrel off to show me a few things about the wooden stock.....
He assembled the rifle and I left for the range, once there I realised the bolt closes halfway.....
I have retorqued both screws to 15 in/lb. Bolt still will not close smoothly I have to force it. Any similar experiences ?
If you just picked it up from him, it should go right back to him. FYI I doubt the action to stock screws are causing the issue

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you just picked it up from him, it should go right back to him. FYI I doubt the action to stock screws are causing the issue
Why would you leave the shop without making the " smith " perform a basic functions check on the rifle? Take it back to him, and have the " smith " perform a functions check on the rifle himself, and then tell him to fix the damned thing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just to be clear, are you saying that the bolt will not close while feeding a round into the chamber or it won't close just cycling an empty gun? If it's the former, I would think the barrel was over headspaced into the receiver. He should have done a go, no go check with gauges before giving it back to you, but like the others have said, you need to return it to the smith for him to check his work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts