Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to an article I read starting in 2005 Rem will go back to the HS precision stock on the 700 varmint series of rifles. For the last 4 years they have used Bell & Carlson stocks. This is a significant upgrade and now makes the 700 VS a better buy if they dont jack up the price.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Well, I'm generally up on all the remington stuff, but I have to admit, IF the VS rifles went to a Bell&Carlson stock, it completely passed me by without me noticing it! Now, I do not own a VS from the past 4 years, so perhaps I would have noticed. But I was under the assumption that they were still using HS stocks. I'm fairly confident the 700P continued to use the HS

MEL

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know the 700 pss alwaysed used the HS, and the VS went to it in about 96 when I was doing a lot of shooting. According to Rifle shooter thay have been using B&C for the last 4 years, but are now going back to the HS with bedding block. As in all things in a magazine I wuoldnt take it as gosphel until checked by a third source.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I bought a HS/Rem VS take off stock from a guy on ebay from a 2004 rem. vs...............so to me that means that at least some of the VS's did have the HS stocks, in '04 anyway. My .02

edit: to add pic

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
I know I should be doing homework, but...... I am on a break in between classes.

As far as stocks go I am 99.9% sure that the stocks have been HS. Unless I was lied to and misguided when I purchased my 5R, it has a HS stock w/ aluminium bedding block. I have never heard that they changed or anything and don't belive it to be true.

But then again..........you just never know I guess.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
To put an end to this argument, a call to Derek Stone at Remington confirms that VS stocks have and always will be HS Precision.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
JRP3 said:
Since when have cold hard facts ever stopped an arguement!
8)
John
SHUT UP BUTTHOLE, YOUR WRONG!!! AGAIN!! YOU SUCK!!... lol j/p

·
Registered
156 Posts
If Remmington go to a HSP stock that will be good. I went into my local gun shop looking to buy a M700 VSF in .22-250.

The tan Bel and Carlson stock looks a treat. However it is way too small for me (im a big bloke) my trigger finger extended 1cm past the trigger guard and i had to wrap most of my finger around the trigger. Also the grip was only big enough to take 3 fingers and my pinkie was left dangling. The whole design seems made for someone of small stature.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Maybe this got overlooked so I'll restate it.........
Spade: To put an end to this argument, a call to Derek Stone at Remington confirms that VS stocks have and always will be HS Precision.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Well according to the company that made the rifle, and the head of product marketing, and the head of rifle parts, and the head of the custom shop, they are HS Precision.

·
Registered
156 Posts
OK thats fine....just makes alot of so called experts over here seem silly.

Im sure both companies make a good stock. Just the one i tried HSP or not. it was a crap fit. I would'nt buy it.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
maybe they are different over there? just an idea.

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Geez, I didn't mean to start an argument.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
arguing? I am sure not, hope it wasn't taken that way.

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
APK-223 said:
arguing? I am sure not, hope it wasn't taken that way.
I was just giving you guys a hard time, mysense of humor is a little dry and very twisted.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts