Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I bought one new for 1200 about 6 years ago, then sold it for what I payed for it a couple years later. I wasn't very impressed with it. I would go the custom route if I was to get another 338 lapua.

Cliffy

·
Registered
79 Posts
I wouldn't pay that for a factory rifle, unless there was stuff coming with it. Especially since I can pick up a Savage in the same stock or in a chassis for 1600 or less just by walking into a number of gunstores.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bought one new for 1200 about 6 years ago, then sold it for what I payed for it a couple years later. I wasn't very impressed with it. I would go the custom route if I was to get another 338 lapua.

Cliffy
He is quoting the rifle to be at that value. Through my research I have not been able to find what serial numbers are in fact the 200-300 produced a year that have the several upgrades, according to that link that I posted. He is far below that asking price. But it did Make me very curious about the whole deal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Remington
Item # 25645
MSRP: $2,253.00
Number Available: 5
Video: (No Video)
Your Zip Code:
BRAND: Remington # OF MAGS: 1
MODEL: 700 Police MLR (Medium Long Range) SAFETY: Manual Safety
TYPE: Rifle: Bolt Action SIGHTS: No Sights
CALIBER: 338 Lapua BARREL: 26 Heavy Barrel
www.galleryofguns.com - Gun Genie - Davidson's most popular and powerful search engine to find and buy guns at galleryofguns.com

Is this the rifle?:cool:
I don't think so. They are saying that it is just Rem 700P as aposed to the Rem 700P (MLR) medium long range. This is where I get lost... I'm not seeing many at all to pull comps.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
The 700 mlr was the first version, it came with the HS precision bottom metal, mag system and stock. They later change it to the 700p long range same rifle but it take AI mags. The Remington action is at it limit for this round and would advise against the remington. For that price there are alot better options. You could build a real sweet rifle for that price.
Cliffy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was trying to attach some pics. Having trouble.
Anyways.
The rifle will come with some glass on it which is a Carl Zeiss is a conquest with the rapid Z varmint reticle.
The rifle is being sold to me for $1300 plus shipping/transfer.

I was just REALLY curious about that link he shot me.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Gun city (the linked to website with the price in your original post) is in New Zealand. so ,much like Australia and other countries, rifles tend to go for Double and a half of what you guys in the states pay. the amount in NZD on the gun city website is actually $3032 US dollars when converted from NZ dollars.
your "friend " is full of **** .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts