Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner
1 - 5 of 12 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I saw a video doing exactly that, (you?) my first thought was eww....solder something that can get very hot? and take huge impacts? I take it it works fine? I found "PTG" Pacific Tool and Gauge, and they are making me a new bolt body with a mini 16 extractor for a reasonable price. I couldn't find a 700 SA small face bolt reasonably. Thanks' for the reply.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can't find any videos on how to remove my bolt lever from my old bolt, I read something about them being soldered together? eww.....
I am retiring soon, and interested in gun smithing school, is that what you did? david

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
David - the Rem 700 bolt handles are soldered on. Quite sturdy and failure is very rare if at all. Would the Army or USMC have had their actions for sniper rifles if they were bad?

You can replace rhe bolt handle but you should make a heat sink that'll screw into the bolt body so you can weld a new one on.

rem video

I attended Trinidad after I retired. Prior to that I enrolled in 8 classes at Lassen's NRA summer school and most factory armorer schools. I still take a class now and then and sometimes its at the NMLRA Gunbuilders' workshop at WKU (Bowling Green, KY). Most of the time after graduation I write and have four books since graduation.
Thanks for all the information, there is a lot for me to research. are you allowed to mention your books? thanks.

1 - 5 of 12 Posts