Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know know how busy you are or if it would even be possable, but you think that a review of the remington 700 ss r5 milspec could happen? I keep hearing members talk about it over the 700p. There isn't a lot of info about it laying about so I thought I would ask of you could maybe do one if you happen across one.

Thanks mel

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
I've been trying to get one here to review. My main supplier doesn't have access, I'm checking a few of my others

MEL

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mele said:
I've been trying to get one here to review. My main supplier doesn't have access, I'm checking a few of my others

MEL
Hey thanks mel. Hope to see one befor I end up bring one home.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Mel,

If you're interested, I can ship mine out to you for you to review. Just walk me through the process, as I've never shipped a firearm anywhere before. It's still silver under the Krylon, and I've got some amazingly cheap rings and base holding a VX3 in place, but if you're interested give me a shout.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh man that would be so awesome if this could happen.SCUBA9097 you are a hell of a guy my friend 8)

·
Registered
39 Posts
It's no problem at all, I'd be happy to do it. Bought the rifle a year ago and haven't put a single round through it yet. I forgot to mention that in my offer to Mel, aside from painting it black and mounting the scope it's factory fresh. Any interest Mel?

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Yes, actually, that would work great. We are an FFL holder so you can send direct to us and we would just send it direct back to you when complete. If you wanted, you could probably just take the scope/rings/bases off the rifle if it is not too much of a hassle, or just the rings and scope. We'll use our own for the test.

Email me if you can make this work and we can go over the details

MEL

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow you guys are amazing thank both so much for arranging this, it's actuly made my month :lol:
Hope you can give it a little test against a 700p Mel.
I knew this site is a good one, but now I think its actuly a great one, full of some oh the dang best people you can find.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
We try! :D

A big thanks to SCUBA9097 and his willingness to let us put his 5R through its paces. We look forward to it

MEL

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ya hey I just wanted to thank everyone again for making this possable.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Rifle should be shipped out within the next day or two. I completely stripped the Krylon off of it so Mel would have it "as it came from the factory". Only problem is that I work in the emergency services field and I keep getting called into work early... I just love the holiday season. Luckily the rifle hasn't been tampered with yet. I do want to get the following work done on it sometime though:

* Get Tac Ops to cut the barrel down to 20".
* Get Tac Ops bolt knob installed.
* Get a decent set of rings and base for the scope (currently using a $20.00 Weaver set)
* McMillan McHale stock.
* Send it off to Birdsong so he can work his magic.

Hence the reason it's been sitting idle for the past year... I can't afford to do a single item on the list.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
flounder said:
any updates?
I havent seen anything as of yet, still waiting, keen on what they have to say. I did pick one up though.
Looking for a scope so i haven't taken her out yet.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sorry guys, I should have updated but I haven't had too much time lately. My truck broke down on me,crankshaft position sensor went out to lunch and never came back. Truck is getting repaired tomorrow and after that I'm heading out to send the rifle to Mel for the review.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
SCUBA9097 said:
Sorry guys, I should have updated but I haven't had too much time lately. My truck broke down on me,crankshaft position sensor went out to lunch and never came back. Truck is getting repaired tomorrow and after that I'm heading out to send the rifle to Mel for the review.
Oh ok cool, thanks for the head's up SCUBA, makes the waiting game a little more simple. Hope things work out for your truck, I know I hate to see my girl in pain.

·
Registered
30 Posts
SCUBA9097 said:
D*** you scuba.. just kidding. Good luck with the truck.

I actually just received my 5R and built her up. Im still waiting on my lucas bore guide so I can go and break her in right.

My baby is here.
http://www.snipercentral.com/forums/vie ... t=guy+ohio

1 - 20 of 30 Posts