Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, per the title I have a couple of questions regarding the Remington 700 XCR Tactical Long Range, I purchased one of these rifles back in 2012, I spent a pretty penny putting together a nice setup unfortunately I've fallen on hard times. I ended up selling my scope about a year ago, I still have the rifle, bipod, mount and rings, so my first question is, should I try to sell the rifle with the bipod, mount & rings? or just sell it by itself? My second question is what would you guys suggest advertising it for? I bought it NIB for about $1,200 after tax, it looks like they're still selling for between $1,100-$1,200. Thankfully the rifle itself is in absolutely flawless condition, I've only put maybe 100 rounds through it in the entire time I've owned it. I checked the completed auctions on gunbroker.com, out of about 30 completed auctions, not a single one garnered a single bid, those ones were selling in the $1,100-$1,200 range. I was thinking about selling it for an even $1,000. Truth be told I have absolutely no idea where I should price this thing. I was hoping I might get a few opinions on where you guys think I should start out. Anyways, any input/advice would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey guys, per the title I have a couple of questions regarding the Remington 700 XCR Tactical Long Range, I purchased one of these rifles back in 2012, I spent a pretty penny putting together a nice setup unfortunately I've fallen on hard times. I ended up selling my scope about a year ago, I still have the rifle, bipod, mount and rings, so my first question is, should I try to sell the rifle with the bipod, mount & rings? or just sell it by itself? My second question is what would you guys suggest advertising it for? I bought it NIB for about $1,200 after tax, it looks like they're still selling for between $1,100-$1,200. Thankfully the rifle itself is in absolutely flawless condition, I've only put maybe 100 rounds through it in the entire time I've owned it. I checked the completed auctions on gunbroker.com, out of about 30 completed auctions, not a single one garnered a single bid, those ones were selling in the $1,100-$1,200 range. I was thinking about selling it for an even $1,000. Truth be told I have absolutely no idea where I should price this thing. I was hoping I might get a few opinions on where you guys think I should start out. Anyways, any input/advice would be greatly appreciated!
Here’s the deal. I can probably buy a new one at the LGS for what they were asking or less. On top of that, they probably wanted a pretty good chunk of change for shipping, wanted the buyer to jump through hoops to pay them ( you really want me to drive across town to the post office or Walmart to get a money order ?), charge a 3% surcharge for plastic, and then you have FFL fees. It’s easier, cheaper, and more enjoyable for me to buy one at the LGS or hock shop.

I can be off the coast of Nigeria, have my smelly daughter ask me for $300 for school, and I can send her money on the weekend, within 15 seconds, and not even get out of bed. I’ve done it.

The other problem you have, it’s a common firearm. It’s not rare or custom made by a smith with an 18 month waiting period.

Thus the 30 or so you’ve seen on GB haven’t sold.

I’d ask for $800, but if someone said $700 it would be theirs. Remember the golden rule. “He who has the gold, makes the rules.” You want their money and they can buy your firearm anywhere. Make it easy for them to pay you.

My 10 cents (Inflation).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts