Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I was hoping to get some recommendations on a scope, scope rings and base. The rifle is going to be used for a hunting rifle and I want to get a good scope setup that isn't breaking the bank. More or less I want to know if there is any gear that is great bang for the buck I have no problem spending up for really high quality stuff but in my experience you can always find good quality stuff for a decent price if you look hard enough.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Primary arms scopes
Hands down best for a budget.

I can't really comment on rings because I have always bought Nightforce rings

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Primary arms scopes
Hands down best for a budget.

I can't really comment on rings because I have always bought Nightforce rings

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
You have a $125 scope in $150 rings?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was possibly thinking of a used Leupold Mark 4 I have heard good things of primary arms for ar optics but not much for a long rifle.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I found a Nikon Bushmaster II 4-12x40 BDC that was $120 and worked well with my 300 Win Mag. But as someone who wastes ammo all day shooting paper, it didn’t hold up after 1000 rounds. But.... Nikon replaced it and said it was supposed to hold up. They said that they test every scope to hold 0 on a 50 BMG. Hunting seems like it will have you shooting less than 800 rounds a year I would think. So this should be a very good first scope and get you some good game to take home.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Do you want to twist dials for windage and elevation, or a built in range finder built into the optic?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Check out SWFA scopes. Big bang for little bucks. Hidden jewels. You won't find a bad review, no matter which one you get. I personally have the straight 10X power. I shoot out to 1200 yds. with it. Check them out, you won't be disappointed. Plus Lifetime warranty

·
Banned
19 Posts
high quality stuff but in my experience you can always find good quality stuff for a decent price if you look hard enough.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts