Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

Remington, Winchester, Savage, TC Encore??

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  AmmoHouse 
#1 ·
First off, I'm new here...thanks for a great site. I'm looking for a good 308 that gives good accuracy. What the best choice for the $$$$? Has anybody had any luck with a TC Encore, I like single shots. I've had Remington 700s and had good luck with them. So now I'm in the market for a new rifle and just can't make up my mind...I need some help. Thanks

#2 ·
Check the FAQ. When Mel revamps it soon, it'll be even more thorough. Or you can search this forum, I'm sure there are two or three threads covering the exact same topic somewhere on the first page of the history.

Scatch Maroo

#4 ·
I have an H&R in 45-70 and I like it(not as much as I like my Sharps!) I was just wondering if anybody has had good luck with the Encore. I have a Ruger in .223, I'm shopping for a 308 now. I'm thinking of getting a 700 ADL and camo it myself. What the difference in action/accuracy of an ADL, BDL, P? and such. Thanks

#5 ·
What the difference in action/accuracy of an ADL, BDL, P? and such. Thanks
Well, there are several models of BDL and ADL, but none of them will be as accurate as the P because of the heavy barrel of the P. All ADL"s and BDL's have the sporter weight barrels on them. The VLS, VFS, and other varmint rifles should be just as accurate as the P.

MEL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.