Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know what Remington charges for their M24 SWS?

And more importantly, does anybody know of any wholesalers who will sell to one to civilians?

I'm about to start building a short-actioned M24 clone, but thought to check with Remington (even though I'm leaning towards a Hart barrel for my build) and see what they charge for one. :roll:

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Sniperdog gave me a good price on one a little while ago. Couldnt afford it though, he should be able to get you the parts you need though.

502-876-1803

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Called a local store... they called remington... and called me back... M-24 Rifle is $3,250. The M-24 SWS package is "in the ball park of" $9,000. :roll: Obviously... prices will vary with different FFL holders. Take the iron sights off... and put on a McMillan A4 or A5 stock... and i just MAYBE will think about buying an M-24 for $3,250... i dont see how Remington sells any M-24's at that price. Dont get me wrong... its a good rifle; but there are better rifles for the same price... if not a little cheaper out there.

BC

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Heh... they sell them to the Army... thats all they need to sell !! :D

They do not sell many to civilian or law enforcement, but to be honest, I wouldn't mind owning a real one, just like my issued ones.

but it will not be anytime soon

MEL

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MSRP is a funny thing.
$9000!!!! I'll bet nobody pays sticker..or this guy is nuts.

I figure I can buy a Remmy ADL for $380.00 from Wally World....Hart Barrels will lap the lugs, square the receiver, and mount an M24 contour 24" barrel for $550.00....OK Weber will sell me the iron sights and bases for around $250.00....HS Precision will sell me an M24 stock $465.00....Hart will do a baked-on matte black teflon finish for $160.00.

I also want the scope base action threads re-tapped to 8-40 for strength.

I then just need bottom metal and action hex-bolts, and I can sell the factory Remmy stock and barrel.

So for around $1800.00 I'm in business (and with a better tube than Remington could offer).

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Sounds like its going to be a nice rifle... and cheaper than a Remington M-24 as well.

The $9,000's is for the whole package... including a bunch of accesories, bells and whistles. Just for the M-24 rifle its just over $3,000.

BC

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I think this is the way I'll go, unless somebody has a better idea...I'm all ears.

After the rifle is finished, I'll just need a Leupold 3.5-10x40 LR M3 scope that'll set me back $890.00 from SWFA, and another couple hundred bucks for a 20 MOA Badger base and rings.

(and I have a spare Harris bi-pod already.......THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!)

So the total fly-away cost, top-o-da-line glass and everything, should be $2890.00 or so.....which I think is a pretty good deal. I already have a Loopy 10 power Tactical LR M1 scope on another rig, but I've often admired the business-like M3.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Crazdgunman said:
After the rifle is finished, I'll just need a Leupold 3.5-10x40 LR M3 scope that'll set me back $890.00 from SWFA, and another couple hundred bucks for a 20 MOA Badger base and rings.
Here is an idea:
I'll sell you the same scope (new) for $790

That way you save even more money. I can sell you badger stuff also, but can't really save you much money on it....

MEL

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
damn mel, whats your price on a burris fullfield II 4.5-14x42mm and 6.5-20x40mm? Just curious, not meaning to highjack the thread.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
spade said:
damn mel, whats your price on a burris fullfield II 4.5-14x42mm and 6.5-20x40mm? Just curious, not meaning to highjack the thread.
Its harder to offer a good deal on the Burris optics....

You didn't mention what reticule:
4.5-14x42 FF2 with Plex $337
4.5-14x42 Ball Plex WITH 12-24x50 spotting scope $330
4.5-14x42 with fine plex $315

The 6.5-20x only comes with 50mm, so I assume thats what you meant
6.5-20x50mm FF2 w/FinePlex $375
6.5-20x50mm w/FinePlex & Target Turrets $399
6.5-20x50mm w/BallMilDot $455

MEL

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Just sayin this personally, but for all of you lookin for scopes...

Mel undercut the lowest price I could find by a hundred bucks...Seems like he did it for Crazedgunman as well

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
yeah those leupold prices are great. And the burris prices he quoted me are competative at least. If you could get me some shipping info on that mel, I'll decide and buy it(havent decided which one yet) as soon as uncle sam slides my check to my door.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
For scopes, shipping has been about $8 for priority. Give or take. I'll just charge a flat $8.

The only caveat is that there is usually a few days wait to get the scope to me before I send it out to you. We cannot carry a large inventory of scopes, at least not yet.

MEL

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Eh, Id rather you get the profit off my scope than some corporation i dont know nor care about. I'll call you when im ready. Do you take paypal?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
New-in-box? Deal!

If you can get a Loopy Mark 4 20 MOA base and rings for a discount I'll buy those from ya' too, rather than the Badger stuff. (I've read that the Army uses Leupold hardware anyway.)

I will be selling an SMG on the Bowers board to pay for my new project. I'm sure it will sell quickly, and I don't mind waiting for the scope. It will take a while for Hart to do it's work anyway.

Otherwise, what do you think of my build plan?

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
spade said:
Do you take paypal?
No, very long story, but it turns out paypal is NOT firearm friendly, and they closed my account, and are still holding $300+ of my money....

Crazdgunman said:
New-in-box? Deal!
Yep, of course :D

Crazdgunman said:
If you can get a Loopy Mark 4 20 MOA base and rings for a discount I'll buy those from ya' too, rather than the Badger stuff. (I've read that the Army uses Leupold hardware anyway.)
Yes, the army does use the leupold mk4 rings and bases. (originally the 1 piece, now they use the 2 piece bases).
Leupold does not currently make a 20 MOA mark 4 base.

Price for Mark 4 rings and bases :
Rings (30mm or 1") $115
Bases (1 piece or 2) $93

MEL

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
They don't make tapered Mark 4 bases?!?!? Man, I coulda' swore that they did. That's especially crazy considering they DO make a 20 minute standard "redfield-type" tapered base!

And the Army is using two-piece bases now? Well, I'll stick with the old style one piece base, by Badger.

I'm glad I found out that OK Weber will sell the real (made in England)Army-issue detachable iron-sight system used on the M24 SWS. Oh, I'll use 'em only once in a while, but I think it'll be a classy touch.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Crazdgunman said:
They don't make tapered Mark 4 bases?!?!? Man, I coulda' swore that they did. That's especially crazy considering they DO make a 20 minute standard "redfield-type" tapered base!
Yep, it is strange, and I really do think they will start to offer them in the future.... but time will tell.

and the Army is using two-piece bases now? Well, I'll stick with the old style one piece base, by Badger.
Yeah, it just depends on how accurate of a replica you want your M24 to be. You would need the leupold Mark4 10x, with the M118 cam set in meters. 1 piece (or two) leupold mk4 base and rings with no taper. (You do not need a taper for the 10x M3 scope).

I'm glad I found out that OK Weber will sell the real (made in England)Army-issue detachable iron-sight system used on the M24 SWS. Oh, I'll use 'em only once in a while, but I think it'll be a classy touch.
That was also a change. The original M24's used the redfield international palma sites, but they changed with the latest batch of rifles (along with the two piece scope bases). They are useful as backup sites, you can still be fairly accurate.

MEL

1 - 20 of 26 Posts