Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to remove my scope base and it has been on my rifle for 3 years. I used blue loctite to put it on, and have no idea what I tightened them to. I have tried heating them with a torch and have broken tow T10 Torx bits and have not gotten one screw out. I think I may have a permanent mount. :(

I cannot buy single torx bits at Lowes so I am not buying any more sets today. Too expensive. Has anyone had this problem before? Any tips?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mike, you are a Mensch! You are so helpful to members here, even though you are super busy. I always enjoy your posts and pics of your rifles.

I appreciate it, but I decided to just leave it on there for the moment. My issue was that my scope isn't aligned properly, I think it's the holes in the Savage action. After reading about Burris Signature rings in Mel's review and at 6mmbr.com I decided to order some.

I've seen you offer help to others here, who are nowhere near becoming a customer, you are a real asset to this forum and I hope you get thanked enough!

On that score, Larry at Excorio Precision has been immensely helpful to me with advice as well. What a great community this is. Thanks again, Mike! :D

·
Registered
809 Posts
To the OP you are most welcome and thank you for the kind words if you still would like to speak just give me a ring...

310-275-8797

Mike
Tac Ops

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You are certainly welcome, Mike! The need to get it off has been eliminated by my ordering some Burris Signature Zee Rings. I'm just suit-wearing type who likes to shoot once in a while and it's a pretty stock Savage Model 10 in B&C stock. Just a range gun. The posi-align inserts should eliminate my issue.

I do very much appreciate your offer, though! :)

John

1 - 10 of 10 Posts