Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Painting the barrel seemed to not grow on me after I did it, in fact I find it looking a little childish now. I painted it with some rattle can krylon, and I am wondering if there is any way to remove it without damaging the barrel. I tried searching for it on these forums, only found threads about actually painting, and I dont really trust some of the advice I found on google.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Yep, I've used it. It works fine and will not harm the rifle.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Longshot38 said:
Yep, I've used it. It works fine and will not harm the rifle.
Good deal, appreciate it, will make a nice project for when the weather is in the upper 50's this weekend! Did you dilute it at all?

·
Premium Member
5,234 Posts
Ddvant01 said:
Did you dilute it at all?
Nope.

Just make sure to not get acetone on your scope lenses, or any wood finish, or any paint on your stock that you don't want screwed up.

best method is to pour a cap full of acetone, put your gloves on, dip in a cotton ball, and go to it...wipes the paint right off. Use a Q-Tip for precision areas, and for scrubbing.

heck. I use acetone to remove all bore solvent and oil residue from my bore sometimes..no troubles.

-Nate

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
natdscott said:
Ddvant01 said:
Did you dilute it at all?
Nope.

Just make sure to not get acetone on your scope lenses, or any wood finish, or any paint on your stock that you don't want screwed up.

best method is to pour a cap full of acetone, put your gloves on, dip in a cotton ball, and go to it...wipes the paint right off. Use a Q-Tip for precision areas, and for scrubbing.

heck. I use acetone to remove all bore solvent and oil residue from my bore sometimes..no troubles.

-Nate
Awesome, got me a project, I was gonna remove the stock and scope all together and just strip the paint with the acetone. I bought some today, supposed to be 50's tomorrow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts