Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Leupold Vari-X III on my Savage, but it is the Duplex reticle. I talked to Leupold and they said it would be 140 bucks to have it changed to Mil-Dot. Do you think it is worth the money?

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Again I would say this is one of those questions that boils down to your specific application of your rifle.

What do you use it for etc...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use it mainly for target shooting (800yds max so far), hopefully some coyote hunting when I get back home, and if required to, a tool to give two legged animals a high-velocity lead injection.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I would suggest seeing if you like the mil dots first. If you dont allready own a mil dot scope i would read up on how to use them ect before shelling out $140 to get your allready high end scope " upgraded ".

Keep this in mind : Getting a scope " upgraded " for $140 is alot cheaper than buying a whole new scope.

Personally i dont use mil dots, i adjust my zero to hit where i want it to. To each there own. :)

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
American Rifleman said:
Personally i dont use mil dots, i adjust my zero to hit where i want it to. To each there own. :)
same here--and for those coyotes--its easy enough just to hold-u just gotta lean the ballistics for your specific load\caliber

dom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts