Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While going through the new products for 2005, I noticed an interesting trend, the 38 Super seems to be undergoing another revival.

Smith and Wesson, Colt, Kimber, Charles Daly, and possibly others are all introducing new 38 Supers for 2005, some companies more than one each, and there is talk of SIG chambering their GSR in the round soon.

With Cor-Bon's loads the 38 Super can be a potent defense round, and you need look no further than IPSC to see it is used widely in competition.

Now all we need are good RELIABLE 10 round flush-fitting 38 Super mags, and for the price of ammo to come down to 9mm levels.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As a fast and dirty update here, it would seem Smith and Wesson read my mind on this one.

They've got their Doug Koenig Competition 1911, in stainless, 38 Super, with a honest to gosh 10 round magazine (instead of 9). Looks to be one hell of a competition pistol.

Also gentlemen, there are 6 pages of new products at www.smith-wesson.com there maybe something that catches your eye.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
i thought that people used the 38 super due to its low recoil? faster target reaquisition

·
Registered
383 Posts
"we" do use the round for the lack of recoil. I've gotten into pistol shooting as of late, mainly because I don't feel like reloading for my rifle, call me lazy. It is also cold outside *shivers*

But once you start putting super-match and competition grade components on your pistol, even the 45 doesn't pack that much punch.

I'm currently in the process of making my own .38 super competition pistol. Great fun!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts