Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a robar 30-06 for sale in a local shop. The test target and reciept is with it. According to the reciept it retails for $3700. It looks like it hasn't been fired hrdley at all. I might get it. Any ideas of fair price? BTY it is detachable mag, the coating they do and fluted bbl.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Can you tell if its the 60 or the 90? The 90 is their top of the line tactical rig, and it is pretty spendy.

JeffVN

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its the 60 with detachable mag I believe. Also fluted bbl etc. The reciept with says $3700 new.

·
Registered
383 Posts
FYI The Robar SR60 only MSRP's for $2,900 (From Robar). All of Robar's rifles also come with a case. Fluting is standard.

SR60
CALIBER: Any standard caliber.
ACTION: Remington 700 BDL, completely accurized, machined, ground and lapped. Includes hex head action screws.
BARREL: Stainless steel match grade with Robar's exclusive contour. Match grade chamber and crown with a muzzle diameter of approximately .880" @ 24".
STOCK: Synthetic built McMillan Fiberglass Stocks, Inc. An ambidextrous, Monte Carlo stock bedded with aluminum pillars and free floated barrel channel, Robar's exclusive "non-slip package". Includes sling swivel studs and Pachmayr decelerator reoil pad. Availible in black, gray, tan or green.
TRIGGER: Modified, with a recommended 2.5 lb. release.
FINISH: Roguard on receiver and barrel. NP3 bolt and all internals.
ACCURACY: Guaranteed 1/2 M.O.A. at 100 yards for 3 shots with appropriate ammo.
OPTIONS: Scope, bipod, case, drag bag, cleaning and tool kit, fluting, camouflage, M14 magazine conversion.
WEIGHT: 9-9.5 pounds depending on barrel length.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Hi ekaphoto,

I have recently purchased a Robar SR-60 in .308 ordered early in 2004.

My first choice was the SR-60 D ..... the detachable mag version useing M14 mags adjusted for the Robar's hand worked mag well.

Robar told me that the detachable mag version had been discontinued due to excessive cost incured from the hand work involved in creating a mag well in the Remmington action.
This option was priced $600 more than the SR-60, which at the time I orderd was $2900.

I would assume the 30.06 to be a more expensive calibre choice due to the long action required, add to this the detachable mag and the price must have been up around the claimed original retail price.

From what I recall, the SR-60 D also had an option of a side-folding butt for ease of transport pre deployment, this is now the SR-2Q ... or something like that.

I am very, very happy with my SR-60 and have no complaints at all, however I have found them to be at the top end of the price scale for this type of rifle.

If 30.06 is your calibre and the price is acceptable, I think you would be very happy with the Robar.......just bear in mind the price differance for a new SC rifle of your choice.

Cheers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts