Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1st gen 6.5 Creedmoor that I would like to convert to a 6.5 PRC. I have done some research and the conversion should be possible. New barrel (6.5 PRC Proof Research) new magazine.. and the new bolt face or a replacement bolt for 6.5 PRC.. the last part is the tricky thing.. anyone have a link or know a company that does custom Ruger bolts for wildcat calibers or just the 6.5 PRC ???
Thanks in advance ..

PS: I know that you can get a complete new Ruger in that caliber .. but I need to re barrel and want the upgrade .. or possible a wildcat caliber

·
Registered
587 Posts
I have a 1st gen 6.5 Creedmoor that I would like to convert to a 6.5 PRC. I have done some research and the conversion should be possible. New barrel (6.5 PRC Proof Research) new magazine.. and the new bolt face or a replacement bolt for 6.5 PRC.. the last part is the tricky thing.. anyone have a link or know a company that does custom Ruger bolts for wildcat calibers or just the 6.5 PRC ???
Thanks in advance ..

PS: I know that you can get a complete new Ruger in that caliber .. but I need to re barrel and want the upgrade .. or possible a wildcat caliber
I've had a .308 RPR for a few years now and bought a 6.5 PRC RPR earlier this year. There is no way for a conversion as it's not just a bolt face issue; Ruger's whole 6.5 PRC bolt is designed differently and larger to where they're just not interchangeable. Even the firing pin and cocking piece as been redesigned. Because of the 6.5 PRC case being so much larger than the 6.5 CM, I kinda doubt there's enough room on the Ruger's smaller bolt face to get the PRC to work. . .???

1 - 2 of 2 Posts