Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a live 9mm round (no gun to fire from) and i want to take it apart (remove the powder/primer) is there a way to do this safely? that is withought either firing the round or killing/wounding anyone inclunding myself...?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
two ways one is called a collett puller the other is an inertial bullet puller.

I use the inertial, as it does not damage either the brass or the bullet. You simply put the bullete in the long-handeled puller bullet pointing down (It looks like a big hammer). Whack the puller down on teh ground or a sturdy bench) the forward momentun causes the bullet to pop right out of the brass, dumping the powder behind and on top of the bullet. Open up teh gizm, pour the powder and bullet out, take the primed brass out of the puller. All of the components are fine and ready to reload.

JeffVN

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx for the response, where would i be able to find one... would my local sporting goods store have it? or would i have to go to a reloading equipment dealer?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Any good gun supply store should have one - or you can order one from MidwayUSA, Cheaper-than-dirt, or any web-based supply store.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts