Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Ive wanted a Sako TRG-22 or 42 for a while... but keep finding myself buying somthing else...

BC

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
I have 2 tikka rifles. Sako bbls and the same company.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Tikka... Howa... and Sako are all owned by Berreta if i remember correctly. All good companies.

BC

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hey Mad,
I've got 2 Sako TRG's- one in 338 Lapua and the other in 300 win mag.
I've also got a few 75's in 30:06 300 win mag and 243win.
The 300 win mag is a 75 stainless and weights about 7lbs. It kicks a little harder than I'd like to shoot. I figure when I get back I will have a brake installed. I love the Sako lines. My 338 TRG is a great rifle. I just wish ammo was a little cheaper and easier to come by.{ looks like Mel might cure that little problem}. The other issue is finding places to shoot that rifle. But all in all my sako's rock

Cheers,
Kenshin

·
Registered
156 Posts
The postal shoot was wone with a Sako 75 Varmint Laminated Stainless in .223rem.

No Modifications...I was contemplating geting it glass beded. But it shoots great.

I have 2 other Sako's one other Model 75 in 25-06rem blued walnut and a 1950's L46 in .222rem.

They are awsome rifles.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Kenshin said:
My 338 TRG is a great rifle. I just wish ammo was a little cheaper and easier to come by.{ looks like Mel might cure that little problem}.
Well, certainly easier to come by at least!! But there is no way to make it cheaper... maybe a tad cheaper, buy lapua ammo is painfully expensive.

No sako's in my inventory yet. I dearly want a TRG-42 in .338 Lapua.

MEL

·
Registered
777 Posts
That's a beauty of a rifle there Mulga. I'm not a huge fan of wood stocks of any flavor, but it sure it pretty :D I've heard that the Varmit Laminated Stainless Sakos are tackdrivers, but the local shops don't carry Sako so I haven't had a chance to handle or shoot any.

A factory rifle that doesn't need work is a blessing too. What load and glass did you use in the shoot?

·
Registered
156 Posts
The rifle is scoped with a Nikon Tactical 4-16X50 in Sako stainless Optilock mounts.

Brass: Winchester (primer pocket debured, once fired, neck sized)
Primer: Winchester small rifle primer
Projectile: Hornady 50g Vmax
Powder: ADI (Australian Defence Industries) Bench Mark 2 (Similiar burn rate to Dupont IMR3031, Acurate arms AA2015 and Hodgdon BENCHMARK)

Its a great varmint load in my rifle. You have to love Hornady projectiles awsome.

·
Registered
51 Posts
the Varmit Laminated Stainless Sakos are tackdrivers
Please forgive my ignorance but what does a tackdiver mean?

It kicks a little harder than I'd like to shoot. I figure when I get back I will have a brake installed.
Again, my apologies... I'm a newbie... I'm assuming that you will be installing a muzzle break? I just want to know how muzzle breaks work?

This is a muzzle break, right? I was just wondering how this could reduce recoil...

Thank you for the information.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Tackdriver - Just a way of saying that it is a very accurate rifle.

Muzzle brakes redirect the gas from the explosion in the barrel so that it counteracts muzzle flip or recoil to make powerful rounds more manageable.

John

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
The picture posted is a Flash Supressor... not a Muzzle Break.

BC

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a Tikka T3 with a synthetic stock and a "stainless" barrel (despite what the company says, it rusts). Planning to sell it and buy a Tikka T3 Tactical.
By the way is there realy a big difference between a Flash Supressor and a Muzzle Break ?
Is the sound level incresed by both of them ?

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Svinfylking said:
I have a Tikka T3 with a synthetic stock and a "stainless" barrel (despite what the company says, it rusts). Planning to sell it and buy a Tikka T3 Tactical.
By the way is there realy a big difference between a Flash Supressor and a Muzzle Break ?
Is the sound level incresed by both of them ?
There are four different types of "breaks"... flash supressors... muzzle breaks... compensators... supressors. Flash supressors are usually associated with long slit's traveling with the direction of the projectile. Muzzle breaks are usually associated with either holes or other non slit port's facing 90 degrees to the flight path of the projectile. Compansators are a combonation of both. Supressors... well we all know what those do. Every model of and manufacturer's product works differently... and they all have pro's and con's. The 3 breaks that do not dampen noise do not make it any louder either... they simply re-direct the noise back towards your ears more than a standard muzzle crown would.

BC

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
All depends on the design... there are many different companies and many different models of "flash supressors" and they are all different. But in for a "general" answer... yes they do lessen reciol and muzzle rise / flip... also in some cases improving accuracy.

BC

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Muzzle breaks are more known for this... but flash supressors also do it to some affect.

BC

1 - 19 of 19 Posts