Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mel it's the first Savage I have owned and it blew my mind on the first 13 rounds fired during scope sight in :shock: I have a couple PSS that couldnt touch the accuracy of this Savage, I have a rock barrel on one of the PSS now and it and the Savage are tied in tight groups.

I like Remington better, but I think I will get use to the Savage due to its performance...

I handload for it and it was not hard to find a load it loved, I started out with 43Gr of Varget and the hotter the load the tighter she got by vast improvements.. My finished load is

45.5 Gr Varget
210 m primer
Fed GM brass
Nosler J-4 168

-------------------

45 Gr Varget
210m primer
Fed GM brass
175 SMK

It shoots either load the same groups,I am just using the 175 SMK at 1000yd matches at Camp Robinson better BC.

Troy

·
Registered
340 Posts
That'd be the one that comes from the Savage factory with the McMillan stock? Nice.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys..

Here is some targets I just got done shooting a couple hours ago.

I used the Savage above and it was hot with baddd mirage.It looked like my 8" red dot target was dancing...
500yds 2.56

400yds1.75

300yds

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The pixels are the same size and I cant figure why the 500 and 400 yd target is smaller on the page?

·
Registered
340 Posts
One word: Sweet.

How is that Super Sniper scope? Clear image? Expensive for a Tasco, but about half of the price of the Leupold. Just wonder how they compare.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well since SWFA took over theSuper Sniper I bought it and so far I like it alot. Actually I want to get the 10X model next. The turrets are great along with the feel and sound of the knobs when turning. I can feel them good like a Leupold.

Comparing the Leupold LR 6.5-20X50mm 30mm tube,and shooting in the same condition the are equally the same in clearness. If there is no mirage and pretty skies out the SS looks great.

So far I am happy with it and spent my money well..

·
Registered
340 Posts
Sexy...
Is that a Nightforce on the AR also?

·
Registered
34 Posts
YES THE SCOPES ARE BOTH NIGHTFORCE.... THE AR IS A BUSHMASTER VARMINTER... AND THEY BOTH HAVE HARRIS BIPODS.

I THOUGHT THE COMBO OF THE TWO LOOKED PRETTY BAD ARSE

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Savage+Nightforce
i have a Varminter also (or upper receiver for it so far)
have Leupold VX-I 4-12x40mm scope and an M4 Carbine lower on it for now (going to get Varminter lower soon), also have a harris bi-pod a bit longer
overall a sweet system, VERY accurate.. 1/4 to 1/2 moa consistnatly
hows yours shooting?

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
yeah
both have impressed me
well the Bushmaster from owning one and firing it
and the Savage from hearing about a lot of 1/2 moa out of the box rifles... quite possibly the best accuracy for the money
how is the stock on your Savage?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts