Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all i am getting a new rifle soon and wanted to order my rings and base for a falcon menace 4-14ffp. It will be going on a savage 10fp any help with choosing a brand to purchase would be grateful thank you to all. i am new to the forum and i am new to long range but i am a hunter so i have some experience just not with the tactical stuff.

Oh and another thing do you guys think the falcon is worth the money or is there any other scopes you would suggest me looking at?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the replies still not sure of wut rings or bases yet i think i will just use the base that on the rifle now which will still work great now its just trying to deciede which rings.

Nick i saved your number so i will give you a call when i plan on going out to shot the rifle once i can pick it up. i can't wait!!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
does it matter if you use aluminum rings and bases or steel? I was once told to always use steel rings and bases but this was many years ago and i am sure technology has changed.? any help

·
Registered
22 Posts
I JUST PUT A SET OF NIGHT FORCE RINGS ON MY SAVAGE 10. I HAVE NEVER BOUGHT RINGS THAT EXPENSIVE BEFORE..... THESE ARE WORTH EVERY PENNY!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i am goin to go with the night force rings. it was down to the leupolds and the NFs after that last post i am going with the NFs thanks for all the help everyone.

What heigth of a ring should i buy if i am running the Falcon meanace with NF rings and The TPS base 1piece?

If any one is curious i will be running a TPS steel base 0moa NF rings and most likely a Falcon menace 4-14ffp Cant wait to shoot it :lol:

·
Registered
11 Posts
camo_crawler said:
i am goin to go with the night force rings. it was down to the leupolds and the NFs after that last post i am going with the NFs thanks for all the help everyone.

What heigth of a ring should i buy if i am running the Falcon meanace with NF rings and The TPS base 1piece?

If any one is curious i will be running a TPS steel base 0moa NF rings and most likely a Falcon menace 4-14ffp Cant wait to shoot it :lol:
low rings may be better, I have med rings (XTRs) on my 10fp and have @ 5/16" gap between scope and barrel

1 - 9 of 9 Posts