Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have a question that hopefully you guys can answer. I recently bought a Savage 110 Tactical to shoot for now and years later to use it as a base gun to build a custom rifle.

I am not sure if it is really a problem or an issue inherent to Savage bolts design. The bolt cycles really, really smooth as long as the rifle is in horizontal or close to horizontal position.
Tool Household hardware Wood Hand tool Graphite

Cycling the bolt in any other position is smooth all the way except for a bump that happens when the bolt face comes all the way back and its back surface hits the back end of the ejection port. The bump heppen when the boltface needs to clear the ejection port and go all the way to the back.

Is this normal or should I send it back to Savage for repair?

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys,

I have a question that hopefully you guys can answer. I recently bought a Savage 110 Tactical to shoot for now and years later to use it as a base gun to build a custom rifle.

I am not sure if it is really a problem or an issue inherent to Savage bolts design. The bolt cycles really, really smooth as long as the rifle is in horizontal or close to horizontal position. View attachment 29566

Cycling the bolt in any other position is smooth all the way except for a bump that happens when the bolt face comes all the way back and its back surface hits the back end of the ejection port. The bump heppen when the boltface needs to clear the ejection port and go all the way to the back.

Is this normal or should I send it back to Savage for repair?
Have you removed the bolt and inspected the bolt for unusual wear ? And inspect the ejection port ? I know bolt lift is usually the issue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts