Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Oh wow. That’s great to know. Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My pleasure.. so far I have followed lyman powder suggestions and on all my rifles and hanguns ... lever action, bolt, AR, revolver, semi auto.. im sure there are multiple powders that will work as well but so far I've always found what I need in lymans load data. I do always cross reference my speer and hornady and sometimes my Lee load manuals. I hope you find :)

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
492 Posts
There it is blown up a little so hopefully you can see it better and the sierra 200gr is #2230

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
848 Posts
Anyone know how an amateur can see if the barrel is worn down? I shot it hot in the past. I’m going out to 1000 yards and I have no idea how to tell if my barrel needs replacement. Also, what would a barrel cost for that?

Average barrel life for 300 WM is about 1500 - 2000 rounds. My shooting buddy just have done his barrel change after little over 1000 rounds. His bullet speed was about 3000 fps. We thought the barrel life came too short but the group started widen up. We've done all we could but it was done.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thanks for passing on your knowledge. I really appreciate it. I appreciate this whole forum the way it’s helped me advance my skills in a much faster time frame had i needed to go through it solo.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts