Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a savage a22 precision rifle and wanted to pair it with an athlon argos btr 8-34x56 mm scope. I bought a qd scope ring set but turns out it sits too high. What size rings would be ideal for this set up. I know there has been many questions on rings but I am wondering if there are anybody out there with the same setup or good advice. I know... newbie question. Let the bashing begin.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The 8-34 is a lots of power for a 22 rimfire you can probably see the ant crawling on the target. The objective lens frame is going to determine the height of the ring you need. I use a 4x12x44mm on my ruger precision 22 The lens is about 2 in in dia. My scope tube bottom is about 3/4 in. off my pictinny rail which gives me about 3/8 in off the top of my hand guard. which is not a a22. The a22 may be good for 500 meters with the right ammo. I use a 8x36x56 on my 6.5 prc for the 1000 + yds .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 8-34 is a lots of power for a 22 rimfire you can probably see the ant crawling on the target. The objective lens frame is going to determine the height of the ring you need. I use a 4x12x44mm on my ruger precision 22 The lens is about 2 in in dia. My scope tube bottom is about 3/4 in. off my pictinny rail which gives me about 3/8 in off the top of my hand guard. which is not a a22. The a22 may be good for 500 meters with the right ammo. I use a 8x36x56 on my 6.5 prc for the 1000 + yds .
I agree the 8x34 is a lot of scope for a 22lr but so far my groups have not been the best at long distance with other 22 rifles so with this one I wanted to be able to REALLY see where I was aiming. I am hoping my groups will get better. Plus I will be playing with ammo too so I can hopefully get better results.
I did end up going with medium height rings and the bell looks like it sits about 1/4" to 1/2" above the barrel. Should give me good results...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts