Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats sites are out there that have alot of infomation about Savage Model 10FP and the percision grade upgrades for it.

·
Registered
994 Posts
ArmourerETU said:
Whats sites are out there that have alot of infomation about Savage Model 10FP and the percision grade upgrades for it.
In terms of accuracy, search the Gallery forum: at least two of us (including me) have posted photos of the resulting groups we've had while breaking in our Savage 10FPs.

Scatch Maroo

·
Registered
50 Posts
Here are some pictures of my 10fp-le2 break in.

All are 100 yds using federal 168 Match ammo. The only complaint I have is the stock, it really sucks. But it works. I'm going to try using a Blackhawk cheekpad ($20) until I can afford a Choate ($450).
How 'bout that shoulder shot on the grey squirrel :lol: lol

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Good shootin!!! Have you tried Federal 175 MK's? Remember..." friends dont let friends shoot 168's " :lol:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hello, ArmourerETU

The site you might be looking for is www.savageshooters.com This site is devoted to Savage rifles and all things concerned.
There you will find a link to www.sharpshootersupply.com a great online store for savage products and services. I've used them often

Sharpshootersupply is in Delphos OH. They do great work and considering what they charge their a steal.
They have an great tactical replacement bolt handle for about $40.00 I have on 3 of my savage rifles. If your preference is Savage give them a call.
Hope this helps,
Kenshin

·
Registered
50 Posts
sorry about the self indulgence :oops:
ArmourerETU said:
welcome. Chances are you are looking to buy a Savage because of the price. This rifle will shoot sub .5 MOA out of the box. I s**t you not. Thats about the point where factory ammo is the limiting factor, not to mention weather conditions.
Spend your money on good quality scope, rings, and bases. And learn the proper technique to install them. It makes all the difference.
I wouldn't take this rifle into combat (no i'm not in the military ... yet), but as far a target tackdriver for under $1400, this is the one.
If you have more to spend, get a remmington. Just my $.02.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts