Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd start the brainstorming for Mel. What are all of your guys' opinions on the topic? I don't wanna overload SC's manager of productions but I think we need fun ideas for a Sniper Central line of semi automatic rifles. Whether it be AR's or M1's, doesn't matter to me really. Bring it on fellas!

BuckSlayer

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I think Mel is working up something on an M14 DMR type rifle. Not sure what stage he is at but there was a thread about it a while back.

·
Registered
994 Posts
An SC AR... that's one bada** acronym!

Scatch Maroo

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
re

I don't really think an AR15 is the best platform for sniper central, but just my take on it.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
SCAR, that just sounds mean!!!!!!

SCAR-68 - A 6.8SPC AR platform!!
-24" stainless barrel
-National Match trigger
-possibly make a SWS kit?!?!?

·
Registered
492 Posts
If you are looking for a precision ar15, do not do it in 6.8. They created the round cause the 223 wasn't gettin the job done in some circumstances in IRAQ. It is fairly accurate, but has more bullet weight which helps. If you want a good accurate rifle biuld it in 308 with a side charging upper, or a 223 with a 1/7 twist with the side charging upper. Put a CM single stage trigger in it a 20" threaded barrel, a psg1 grip, a 5.5in slip over flash suppresor and a a2 rear adjustable stock and a carbon fiber forearm and you are ready to rock. Now that is a badass rifle!! SD

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
I'm open to ideas of a 6.8 AR, I'm also interested in a 308 AR and possibly a M14 based version. Of all of them, I'm least familiar with the M14, and it looks like it would be the highest cost.

I'm very interested in this topic, so please provide all the opinions you may have about any semi- auto variant. I especially need to hear about unique things, I don't just want to put out yet ANOTHER AR.... needs to be something special.

The SCAR-68 SPS (Special Purpose System - complete) is a good start.

MEL

·
Registered
492 Posts
Mel if you can biuld a bolt gun, you can tear down a m14 easily. If you do decide to do the 6.8 let me know and I might be able to help you out with that. I am not sure how familiar you are with the break down and biulding of ar's but any questions you have I will be able to answer for you. If you need barrels let me know, or parts or what ever, just call. You have my number. James

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Thanks james, I really appreciate the offer! If we go this route, it would indeed be a buildup, so barrels and parts would be required!

MEL

·
Registered
492 Posts
if you want to do something really crazy, or need barrls that you want to turn yourself. I have a friend that owns teppo jiutsu, that might be able to help us out on that. He biult a ar15 in 458 socom for me. The one thing that I can't do is chamber barrels, but he does awesome work. SD

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
DO the M14 Mel it is easy to work on and I just saw fulton armory Receivers for a good price of 349 for NM receiver, and 459 for Rear lugged version. They are at www.thedealerwarehouse.com Barrels are easy to come by and therest i can help you scrounge up including a NM gas cylinder I have on hand here if you need it. I know you have a stock that bedded would work good. Let me know if I can help.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
I would vote for an M14/M1A build.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Biuld a m14 with a scout length barrel and a sage international stock. If you use the factory action block rather than the one they provide, you can free float it and accurize it all at the same time. Replace the stripper clip base with the weaver rail accesory and you can put a standard scope on it. That is badass!!!! SD

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
I haven't done much research on the 6.8 (due to time), but from what I have read it definately has potential. Or perhaps the 6.5 Grendel is a better choice. I just don't have the time to invest in it.

Mel- I think if you can off a 6.8 AR platfrom, or even a SPS system. I believe you will be offering a product nobody else does. If the ballistics are supperior to the .223 or superior, and you can market it at and affordable price (ie- what you have done w/ the SC series), then I think you have something there.

If I have time later, I will email you what I would do for the rifle, down to the smallest part. Or maybe I will post it, but again, its just an idea, do with it what you will. I know your swamped right now.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Currently thinking:

SC-DMR : M14 Based
SCAR-68 : 6.8 Based SPS

The details will be the hard part, and is what I'm currently working on.

I will CERTAINLY need help on the M14's, just not my speciality, so I have a learning curve on them.

MEL

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think the AR and the the m14 are a good market to tap into. I would
definately be interested in either. I personally would like a match AR
in either .223 or .308,but 6.8 might do as well.

·
Registered
492 Posts
MCS if you are looking for a match ar15 let me know and I will biuld you one, okay! SD

1 - 20 of 73 Posts