Would you buy an SC AR-10/AR-15 DMR?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
61 - 65 of 65 Posts

· Premium Member
9,401 Posts
Yeah, thats what I'm trying to find out. Building it shouldn't be too bad, it seems pretty straight forward, though perhaps a tad bit more complex than an AR. I also looked into G3/HK91 variants, but the build up on those is much more difficult, so I abandoned that idea.

So, keep commenting either way! Trying to get a pulse here.

MEL

· Registered
563 Posts
A G3 with free floating barrel would be neat indeed. Changing barrel is easy. But the rest is rather messy, I imagine. After having served with three different rifles I know how moody they can be - and just how little slack in the reciever you need to throw shots all over the place. And some factory rifles are incredibly accurate...

Dropping it seems like a reasonable plan :mrgreen:

· Registered
1,065 Posts
DSA offers their FAL in 308, 260 rem, and 243 win. I beleive that all of those rounds are the same length and have the same case head diameter. So the only difference between the calibers is the the barrel. DSA uses steyr or badger barrels. I beleive the head spacing is the same for those three rounds as well.....

Hope this helps.

http://www.fnfal.com/falfiles/old_index.html

username: fal
pass: fal

That should keep you busy for awhile Mel

J[/url]

*edited to add link to badger barrels*

http://www.badgerbarrelsinc.com/

· Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Mel, maybe you should explore all the reasonable options and set up a poll like you did when developing the SC1. It seems to me it would be a whole lot easier than trying to wade through all these posts :D .

· Premium Member
9,401 Posts
Westpoint:

Yeah, I was thinking of doing that.... we'll see. If I do it, I'll throw it up on the main page, which gets a lot more traffic.

DSA offers their FAL in 308, 260 rem, and 243 win. I beleive that all of those rounds are the same length and have the same case head diameter. So the only difference between the calibers is the the barrel. DSA uses steyr or badger barrels. I beleive the head spacing is the same for those three rounds as well.....
Not only are they the same length, they are all three based on the .308 case, and yes, they all three have the same head space.

thanks for all the links, I'll be looking at those and seeing what I can learn. I heard the DSA rifles were not that accurate, but I cannot speak from experience

MEL

61 - 65 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.