Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the SC2 Prototype is in slow development, so I thought I would release the details (I released them mostly in other posts anyways).

The SC2 is intended to be the entry level SWS, with its focus on a complete SWS package, though the rifle alone will be available. The design goal was a complete package for under $2000, to include:

.5 MOA Guarantee
Scope
Custom BDC marked to 1000yards
bi-pod
case
Everything mounted and ready to go.

The halo cartridge would be a custom SC 260 Match load launching a 123gr Lapua Scenar at 2800+ fps. (trying for 2900). The BDC will be matched to this load, or to the 175gr 308. The package will only be available in these two loads initially, with the potential to include a .243, .300 WSM, and .223 Rem (with 77gr or 90gr MK). The rifle alone will be available in just about any short action for $1200.

The rifle consists of:
Remington 700 Short Action (large bolt knob will be an extra cost option)
floorplate is available on stocks that will accept it.
HS Precision Stock - One of the following:
http://www.hsprecision.com/pst60.htm
http://www.hsprecision.com/psc14.htm
http://www.hsprecision.com/psc15.htm
Any of the standard (no extra cost) HS precision colors
Actions will be squared, lapped, and tuned
18-24" MT Rifleman Hand Lapped barrel, Remington varmint contour only.
trigger, standard remington 3.5 lbs
Metal work finished in any of the standard SC colors

For the rest of the SWS package:
Scope - Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14x40mm Mil-dots with SIDEFOCUS (exciting new scope)
Kenton Industries custom marked dials
Harris 9-13" bi-pod
TPS 20 MOA base (10 or 15 MOA if possible)
TPS Tactical rings
Case - Nice hard case that fits the budget, not yet decided.

Package shows up zeroed at 100 and ready to go out to 1000 with 308 and possibly further with 260 match.

just thought you might be interested.

MEL

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I'm farkin drooling mel. Will there be a windage cam on this as well?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Sounds nice to say the least. A work buddy of mine (the same one who helped me smash my hand a while ago and ran over my foot today) was asking me about what rifle he should get today and I told him about the SCs. I doubt he can afford it but I'm spreading the word! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
mel,

I think there is a lot of potential in the SC2. A fully capable custom rifle SWS for $2000? That is unheard of as far as I know. What a great way to get into precision shooting as far as im concerned. If the word gets out, I have a feeling you'll be busy w/ quite a few of these. I just hope mine is done before you get flooded with work! Lol. :D

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
KAZ - I'm not so sure you need to have that friend owning any firearms. I suspect you'lll end up with a bullet in you somewhere. :D

JeffVN

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the comments everyone. The prototype will be chambered in the .260 and be used for the load development.

spade said:
I'm farkin drooling mel. Will there be a windage cam on this as well?
I had not planned on a windage cam, but it should fit into the budget. The reason I had not planned on it is because I'm not convinced (yet) that they are completely useful. If you have a cam for windage it is set for only one speed of wind going at a direct crosswind. Since wind is SO variable (speed and direction) the cam would nearly never be correct, so you end up fudging it anyway. BUT, perhaps having at least a reference point is useful for a starting point to which you can adjust from.

additional thoughts anyone?

MEL

·
Registered
777 Posts
Its a killer deal Mel. I imagine the SC2 system will sell like wildfire. Like APK said, full deal (and a .5 MOA guarantee) for 2 grand? Wow. Plus there is some definate appeal to a rifle you pull out of the box and go with, already all assembled and sighted in. I took a look at their elevation knobs, there were several different styles, which do you plan on using?

Keep up the great work! :D

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I plan to use the military style.

I'm a bit concerned about Kenton though, they said they plan on doing these knobs for the lower profile nikon knobs in 6-8 weeks, but when I offered to pre order some, or provide a scope to use to develope, I kind of got a cold shoulder "no pre-orders, check back later".

But, I looked into it, and having the new cams made from a metal worker is no big deal, just marking them would be tricky. I know its possible to have them etched, but getting precise measurements will be fun... but it is possible. So, if kenton doesn't come through, I'll self make them. Anyone here a laser etcher or know someone we could tap into?

MEL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts