Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading this forum for quite some time now, and been interested in the new Sc3. I see that you (mele) are using the Montana rifleman action (and barrel) in the project. How does this compare to the remington 700 action? Where you state that one has to "lapp the lugs"," square the action" and so on. Is this something you had to do whit the montana action as well? Or is it "good to go" right from the box?

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
In terms of the lapping and squaring, I pay extra to get them that way from MT Rifleman, but they DO need it.

The quality of the actions are as good as remington, but its the features that make them different. The claw extractor, 3 position safety, mud grove, STEEL FLOORPLATE, and bolt release are things a like better than the remingtons. The claw extractor makes the action just a tad bit less smooth than a remington. The actions are cast also, but were tested to pressures twice that of what a remington will take, so strength is not an issue. Overall I like the actions. They are good combination of Mauser & winchester.

MEL

1 - 2 of 2 Posts