Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TTH has been scraped, a SC3A5 will take her place. Basically it is an SC3A5 w/ a Burris Black Diamond 8-32x50mm mounted atop her. I need some help naming her though. Can't be a standard run of the mil name, needs some class, and it would be cool if I could get a name w/ a story behind it. Like an ancient badass warrior or somthin crazy like that. Shoot me your ideas.

Here is the pics of the website of the bag I bought and the scope. Better pics when they arrive.

My shooting mat-

Ok, Imagine this gun, with tan action, saddle type cheek piece, no box mag and a harris bipod, then tell me what you would name it. ( :p sry, but its the closest thing I could find)

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Stephanie.... a decidedly crazy woman in my personal mythology. She'll screw all your friends and kill you from the inside out. And keep calling long after youve broken up to tell you who and what shes doing now.

Un abashedly the most heinous psycho bitch ive ever met in my entire god damn life.

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
How about ma bell, you know, reach out and touch someone.

·
Registered
152 Posts
haha how about krohl, krohl was a female warrior from aicent times, knowen for accuracy with a blade

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright, now we are getting somewhere, I won't for sure know what to name her till I actually get her, but great ideas so far guys!

HUM: that's exactly the idea I had in mind, stuff like that.

I got this idea the other day in one of my Naval Science classes, my LT pointed out that most (not all) of our ship are name like Jimmy Carter and stuff. And that the Brits have awsome names like HMS Victory, Warrior, Xcaliber etc. I need an awsome name for this gun so keep em all coming. Thanks agagin!

APK

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
Jasmine :)

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Bodecia, the Celtic warrior that kicked Romes butt and almost annilated the Roman army in the UK. She would have if the 14 legion with elements of the 10th hadent made a gallant stand against overwhelming odds and won.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
where do u find stuff like that? I am looking but I can't find any names w/ meanings like that.

EDIT

ok i found a couple:

HADWIN: Old English name meaning "friend in war."

ACIMA: Hebrew feminine form of Acim, "the Lord will judge."

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Musashi, after Miyamoto Musashi the greatest swordsman to ever live.

Fought and won his first duel at the age of thirteen against one of his area's most accomplished swordsman. Fought over 60 duels and managed to kill more than 20 people with a wooden sword.

Went on to fight fully armored and armed opponents with only wooden swords (not in combat, but in skill tests).

Also personally took on the entire Yoshioka School of swordsmanship.

Wrote "The Book of Five Rings" while living in a cave.

Rumored that he never bathed because he never wanted to be caught off guard.

All in all a pretty dangerous gentleman.

Gladius is a good name too.

-snowy

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gladius :D i like that line of thinking. That asian guy was crazy!

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
No dude, rifles by tradition are girls names.

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
snowy said:
Rumored that he never bathed because he never wanted to be caught off guard.

-snowy

I think we found the key to his success :lol:

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well so fara krohl sounds the best to me, what else u guys got?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Sparticus could be a girls name . . . maybe :? . Wasn't Athena the Greek goddess of war? Aphrodite would work, too :p .

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yea, I know all those, I want one not so common, but that just sounds killer!

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
What about Kali?

Pretty sure she was goddess of death...

Musashi was a cool dude, but I agree...can't name a rifle after a dude lol.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Kali is pretty good, but lets not forget Kali (according to the tale) sprung from the brow of the female Durga. Durga would be "slayer of demons" to us English speakers.

I'm not sure if you have theological issues with naming your rifle after the gods of different religions.

-snowy

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have many issues, don't think that is one though.

1 - 20 of 126 Posts