Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
In the past 27 months, since I started shooting scoped rifles, I've hit myself in the face with the eyepiece six times when shooting, five those in the first year. I chalk all of them up to me doing things wrong. Mostly mounting the scope wrong or not setting up the length of pull correctly. So my fault not a scope fault. All of the "hits" were with 7.62 rifle, none with .338LM. The .338LM fully loaded weights in at around 20 pounds, the 7.62 at 13 pounds. Me not holding the 7.62 correctly was also part of the issue I think, in some of the "strikes".
Each person should make their own prioritized requirements list when making a decision about a scope. My list shown above isn't a stone tablet, just the set of requirements I thought was important at that time, for the purpose I had at that time. The idea of making a list and comparing the data, is the constant (for me).

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #42

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello guys I'm new on here but I have a .300 win mag and I am looking to get a good scope for it. I need help deciding between a Vortex - VIPER® PST GEN II 5-25X50 FFP RIFLESCOPE EBR-2C and the Nikon - BLACK FX1000 6-24x50SF Illuminated FX-MOA. Any help or tips on choosing one would be appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hopefully it'll give the 'Hey - I just joined and want to know the best scope!' newbies a little something to mull over before asking such a loaded question.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts