Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which is the very best way to mount a 30mm scope on SSG69? Other brand ringmounts? Factory 30mm ringmounts ? Steyr rail and Mark 4 / Badger rings ? Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone, this is my first post here ! I am going to purchase a .308W SSG-69 PII rifle, yet in my nation no one sells STEYR scope rings. Taking a gander at the collector, I think the dovetail is very like the CZ-550(19mm CZ versus 18mm Steyr). Obviously, the CZ rings have a side securing tab in the back mount that ought to be ground off, so as to slide openly on the SGS dovetail. Has anyone attempted CZ mounts ? With respect to discretionary picatinny rail, does it require boring the head of the collector ? I will welcome any light on this issue.
Kodi nox

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi everyone, this is my first post here ! I am going to purchase a .308W SSG-69 PII rifle, yet in my nation no one sells STEYR scope rings. Taking a gander at the collector, I think the dovetail is very like the CZ-550(19mm CZ versus 18mm Steyr). Obviously, the CZ rings have a side securing tab in the back mount that ought to be ground off, so as to slide openly on the SGS dovetail. Has anyone attempted CZ mounts ? With respect to discretionary picatinny rail, does it require boring the head of the collector ? I will welcome any light on this issue.
Kodi nox
+1

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'd say, mounting a Picatinny rail is the most flexible option, because there are scope rings available that attach to Picatinny rails in virtually any size. That should make it fairly easy to change to another scope that requires different size rings if you ever want to.
You need a Picatinny rail that attaches to the proprietary rail that's integrated into the SSG's receiver. E.g., check out those, it's surplus material originally manufactured for government organizations:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts