Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently running an RPR with a PST 2 5 x 25. I do not like the reticle but bought in to the massive hype on the PST. Now I want to get a real scope. I'm thinking Nightforce as S and B requires a car loan. I find illumination to be useless. Suggestions? Budget maybe $2,500. Preferably a bit less.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
What reticle do you have? What is wrong with it. I have 3 Vortex scopes with EBR-2C reticles on them and that reticle works great out to 1000 for me on a 6.5cm without cranking.

·
Vendor
1,108 Posts
Reactions: Jester560

·
Registered
848 Posts
Thanksgiving and X-mas holidays are coming. Wait for sales on Khales or NF. If you don't mind sticking with plain old mil dot reticle, Steiner M series is a great option, too.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
I would take a s&b over vortex any day. The PMII can be found for about your budget.

Or you can step up to a tangent theta and be done, but it is quite a bit more money.

·
Vendor
1,108 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Sorry for the delay. Yes EBR-2C. At top magnification there is no center of the crosshairs. It is a clear spot where the lines meet with no center dot. Is everyone's like this? Very hard to tell from Vortex website if this is normal or a defect. I also found out from Vortex that you have to be very tender with scope rings. If you tighten over 15 to 16 inch pounds you risk compressing the outer tube and the reticle movement may bind. This can be permanent. Thankfully it's covered. Sending it in to them.

Nightforce makes the tube much stronger.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I always have difficulty buying demos. Respectfully where do all of these demos come from? You have one location.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I have a Burris like this XTR II 5-25x50mm is available with G2B, SCR Mil or SCR MOA reticles. I like it, I did the one mile and 1,805 yards with it. Just keeps on working.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts