Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for a good quality knife but having trouble finding one that i really like.

Looking for a fixed blade, stright blade and on the back serriated for a all around knife. i hate split blades and perfer stright blade but do on occasion need serriated.

Full tang through handle.

Those are the main things i want, just the best knife with those specifications. can anyone reply if they know where to find a knife like this or send me an e-mail? thank you

·
Registered
2,549 Posts

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
+1 for the K-bar. I have tried all kinds of fancy knives, and you can't beat a K-bar, espically for the price. I prefer the non serrated blade.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
those all look great forgot to add the blade must be 5 1/2 inches or less (stupid texas laws)

also what i ment was it to be double bladed with serriated on one side and stright blade on the other side so i have two full blades instead of a split

the first one mentiond looks like the best. do you know the price on it?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
awesome

if i could find this kind of blade tip http://knifeoutlet.com/shop/10Expand.as ... de=GER1406

on this kind of knife

http://uscav.com/productinfo.aspx?produ ... 130&pos=17

It would be perfect for me.

i did however find that knife a few bucks cheaper
http://www.yukonbay.com/products/item.a ... 10604&lg=0

not much cheaper but hey ever dollar counts right? with shipping it comes out to about the same as the other knife without its shipping. will seriouly consider getting this. can anyone help me find a knife like that with that blade tip the same as this http://uscav.com/productinfo.aspx?produ ... 130&pos=17 ? Thanks alot everyone for helping me find the perfect knife

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Cold steel master hunter, 4 1/2 in blade. You can skin and gut a deer,and use it for what ever you need in the field.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
The Ka-Bar knife is without a doubt one the most affordable and most rugged knives out there. There is ALOT of overpriced fixed blades out there, but nothing holds a candle to a Ka-bar. There are a few others I know of. SOG Government Agent is a winner. It's much like the Desert Dagger as it is full tang. Price on the government agent is I believe $80. The Desert Dagger, is $110. Its a double edged knive with serratioons near the hilt of the blade. Not a survival knife in my opinion, but its sharp enough to cut through 6 strands of heavy nylon rope. I got through 5 with my good ole Ka-Bar. If you dont mind spending a little more money, go with a Government Agent. Can't go wrong with one fo them, but again, Ka-Bar gets my vote.

Respectfully,
Tyler Consugar

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Like I said............Ka-bar.

Why does it have to be double edged? Buy 2 Ka-bars!!!!!!!! 1 serrated, 1 not.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
just want to have both serriated and stright in one knife so if i need one or the other i dont have to carry around two knifes. but split blades are so hard for me to sharpen so thought double bladed would work well, usualy i go with stright if anything i dont mind folders but one thing i cant stand is knifes with the lock on the inside. ive had them slip and break and even had one almost slice off my pinkie because the lock was made like that

thanks everyone for the posts. its been a great help

·
Registered
994 Posts
The SOG Pentagon is double-bladed, one side serrated, one not.

Scatch Maroo

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I saw a really food knife a few months back for sale. A Chris Reeve Yarborough. Its a knife that was made specifically for the Army Special Forces. I hear they present graduating candidates one of these signatured knives after completion of Robin Sage. Full tang blade, comes in 5.5 or 7 inch variations. VERY expensive as the 5.5 is $290 and the 7 is $300. Dont think I will spend that kind of money for a knife even if it has 1st SFOD Delta engraved into the blade. M9 bayonoet is a good knife as well. Its made to be a bayonet and a survival knife as well. Some of these knives are overpriced these days but if you want a HIGH quality knife and can still find one, seek out a Gerber LMF. That thing will take a freakin BRUTAL beating, but so will a Ka-Bar :D :twisted:

Respectfully,
Tyler Consugar

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
+1 JcCorvette :lol:

Respectfully,
Tyler Consugar

1 - 17 of 17 Posts