Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever used the S&B match ammo? I saw it listed in Cabela's and its a few dollars cheaper per box than Fed. GMM. I thought it might make decent practice ammo if nothing else.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Has anyone used any of their ammo at all. I keep seeing it and forget to order a box to try.
The price is right and it looks ok. Anyone have any input
Cheers,
Kenshin

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've used some of their other rounds, but mostly for plinking with my handguns. Come to think of it, I've used some of their shotshells years ago, and they were always good too, but that was for squirrel hunting with a .410. I've just never used any of their serious stuff for anything, but figured maybe someone else had.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I've used..hm, a couple of thousand .45s and a few .308s. The .45s do the trick. I don't think I'd use them for a competition where someone keeps score, though. Decent bang for the buck.

The .308s I've used only when breaking in the barrel. I imagined that the slow 180gr bullets would be perfect for such things - not that I would know. What I do know is that if your goal's accuracy and consistency - S&B is not your thing. At least not at longer ranges. I had a few hits I knew I did my part, and the rifle's better than me, that leaves ammo :roll:

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I guess im the only one here who's heard of S&B blowing up perfectly good rifles?

Do a google search on the S&B boycott.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I tried some of the S&B .308 match ammo and wasnt plesed with the results,didnt shoot very well but I thought well the brass would work fine Duh ofset flashholes inconsistant length primer pockets etc. still got the junk in the shop. tried the pistol and .223 stuff it was pretty good.someone esle may have had good results with the match 308 mine may have been a bad lot LOL anyway my experience.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts