Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Mel,
I know your busy, and this may be trivial, but are you planning to build in capability to set the member login information for the site into a cookie so we wouldnt have to log in everytime?

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
You want people to steal your cookies and log into sniper central on your name and post stupid crap? :lol: That happened to me on another not to be named "Sniper" forum site. Some one thought that they would be funny and they posted random BS under my name.

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im not asking for it to be made a standard thing, but as an option (a "Remember Me" checkbox.) I for one, cant have any Active X code on my computer run from a browser standpoint, because, well, Active X doesnt run very well on Linux :). Therefore, its a bit harder to steal my cookies.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
www.hackthissite.org?? Your kidding, right? Some of us have been doing this a loooong time..... :) My point was that cookies, when employed correctly, dont put up as much of a risk as you would think.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Im not a HUGE computer person like some people... but i know that there is nothing out there that cant be hacked... cracked... or stolen. All a computer is... is peices of plastic and metal... with a bunch of programs that have codes... if you want to get into a system through a program... all you have to do is know the code. Finding the code isnt as hard as some think... it is just very time consuming some times.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Oh yes... and my friend (who will stay un named) knows how to do all this stuff... i dont. He does... he makes his own computers and designs his own programs.

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ballistic_Coefficiency said:
Oh yes... and my friend (who will stay un named) knows how to do all this stuff... i dont. He does... he makes his own computers and designs his own programs.
Some of us do that too :D In fact, some of us have made our own computers and coded enough apps for a living to the point where the thrill is *long* gone. While I dont disagree with your statement that nothing is unbreakable (and, actually, highly respect that you care, very rare on the internet), in the grand scheme of a websites security, I wouldnt worry about a simple cookie session (as long as its well implemented) for members only information access. Id be more worried about someone compromising the security of my SSL engine :D

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Yes, I'll add that functionality soon. But of course, that means I don't get that free revenue from the displayed ads each time before you log in :wink:

MEL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts