Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is waht I'm thinking - I want to take some classes in tactical rifle, precision rifle, tactical pistol , defensive pistol etc. I know that some of you are taking the same classes in your area and they may be offered by great instructors. I'd like to see a forum on the courses that people are taking, whether they liked the instruction, course, location, cost -where they stayed etc. I'm ready to give a sit-rep on the course that I'm taking, and think it will benefit everyone on the site if they knew what the good courses were, their location, cost etc.

JeffVN

I'm taking a defensive pistiol course in March (19-22) or something like that. We are to bring our pistol, 3 mags, flashlight, and 1,000 rounds of ammo (including 200 rounds of our carry or home defense ammo). This is goning to ROCK!!! I'll report back when I get done.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
I'd like some more feedback about this. What does everyone else think? Will there be enough posters in the "schools" forum to make it worth while?

MEL

·
Registered
522 Posts
I would be interested in the "Schools' forum.

I would be slow to enroll in the classes but would love to talk about them and hear about them.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
I'm planning to add a schools review section to the main page. The page was added under the "Sniping Info" menu title. Or you can go here:

http://www.snipercentral.com/schools.htm

No reviews are up yet, but in due time. I'd appreciate any others to add to the list (especially the foriegn schools). I plan to try and get media access to as many of them as I can for photos and more info.

MEL

·
Registered
994 Posts
I think that instead of a 'Schools' forum, a "Tactics & Training" forum would be a bit more appropriate: people could discuss different methods they have, as well as the schools they've been to. I can't imagine, though, that the forum being *too* lively. Perhaps SOP already takes care of training/tactics, at which I'd say there is no reason we can't talk about training schools in either SOP or Misc.?

Scatch Maroo

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Can we just tack a thread about the different schools in one of the other forums? It really does not matter to me, I do not see myself taking any classes any time soon. I would like to read about the different schools though!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts