Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simple question, that i think i know the answer to but anyway...

I have a reminton 700P in 300RUM, GAP did the works on the action, and also set the barrel back and put a match chamber in....i also had a vais comp put on

I didnt get a thread protector, but i would like to shoot it without the comp just to see how it feels.

Would this hurt the barrel in anyway?

I doubt it would, but i want to ask before i junk this barrel

Thanks

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
It'll be fine. Thread protectors really are just for protecting against impacts and rough field handling.

·
Registered
809 Posts
NOT AT ALL.....just don't hit your threads on anything that may damage them....

Mike
Tac Ops

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help guys...

And thanks for not flamin the stupid question!

I dont plan on shooting it too much w/o the comp, just becuase im sure its going to have some heavy recoil...but i want to see what kind of difference this comp is really making

With the comp its a tad more than my ruger 77 30-06...but barely

In your experience, how much difference does the comp make?

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
eclark53520 said:
The only stupid question is a question not asked.

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
eclark53520 said:
Thanks for the help guys...

I dont plan on shooting it too much w/o the comp, just becuase im sure its going to have some heavy recoil...but i want to see what kind of difference this comp is really making

With the comp its a tad more than my ruger 77 30-06...but barely

I don't have lots of experance with a comp, but a little. My limited experance is the diffrance varies some. The heavier recoiling calibers tend to take a higher percentage of recoil away than a light recoiling caliber like a .223. What you WILL notice is not as loud shooting, but espically to the sides without. As for stupid questions, +1 on what lonewolf said. We all had to learn someplace.

·
Registered
809 Posts
That would all depend on who's Comp you are deploying, I have zero experience with the one you own.....

You never heard of someone stumbling on something sitting down.... ??

Shoot 5 rds with & without it and give us a range report.... 8)

Mike
Tac Ops

·
Registered
796 Posts
Can't resist

Just couldn't resist...

Was my first wife cheating with my best friend?

Boy sure felt stupid when all 8 people nodded their heads!

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Re: Can't resist

junkyard_dog45 said:
Just couldn't resist...

Was my first wife cheating with my best friend?

Boy sure felt stupid when all 8 people nodded their heads!
No, she was cheating on him with you. Feel better now.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Anyways getting back on track......

If you have any questions as to the performance of other breaks give us a call and we would be happy to help.....that is if the break you are deploying is not to your satisfactory 310-275-8797 from 11:00 am till 11:00 pm Monday Through Sunday...

+ 1 Lone Wolf
Mike
Tac Ops

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Black Ops said:
Anyways getting back on track......

If you have any questions as to the performance of other breaks give us a call and we would be happy to help.....that is if the break you are deploying is not to your satisfactory 310-275-8797 from 11:00 am till 11:00 pm Monday Through Sunday...

+ 1 Lone Wolf
Mike
Tac Ops
Back on track as well. I am thinking of having a 6.5x 55 built. Wanting a threaded bbl I figure to have a break on it untill I can get a supresser. What comp would you recommend?

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Sorry but man Mike are you a Saint yet? If not i think you should be and i will be more than happy to nominate you and i am sure there will be a few others willing to second that. Thank ou for being such a top bloke and looking after the guys here.

As for the brake, i was thinking of getting one and was told that the diff between brake on and off is brake on (less recoil/muzzle flip but alot more noise as the gas and sound is reflected back at you) with Brake off more recoil/muzzle flip but kinder on your ears.

Then again i guess it all depends on the brake.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Coming in really late here, but I came here with exactly this question. Thanks, all! Just got my barrel threaded for a suppressor, but the suppressor won't be here for months and the shop didn't have the right sized thread adapter. I have a stand-in, but it's too short to cover the threads all the way. Glad to know I can still go zero my new scope!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts